3D (&2D) Pictures & Videos Taken With Evo 3D

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I've taken only a couple shots and videos, I need to do more! Part of what has been preventing me is the lack of support for these images and videos out there. Does anyone know a site that provides 3D image hosting/sharing support? Youtube I guess works for video, but what about stills? I'm looking for not just a general storage site like Dropbox. I know Smugmug doesn't have it yet and they are who I've been using for most of my stills for 7 or 8 years! Hoping they and/or others add this soon!

But I guess my real question is how will people view these without a 3D device. I guess you can get 3D glasses to view 3D stuff in youtube? Anyone know where to get these and how much they cost? I know there's also a film you can get to put over your laptop (and iPhones) and software to make it the same kind of display as the Evo 3D, but I think for laptop-sized screends it's supposed to cost almost $200! Still, maybe not bad if you want to view your images on a much larger screen.

I've had a few issues as it seems others have with getting the phone to go into 3D mode. What's weird is that the video will look totally 2D, no weird colors or double images, it will just look like a normal 2D video. If I go back to it later it works, but a couple of times it's like it's forgotten how to recognize 3D content or display it. Wonder if it's a bug that HTC will fix in an upcoming update....

irayge

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: 4th of July Fireworks with my Evo 3D

i thought of doing this last night, but i never thought it would come out that good so i diddnt bother. the 3d effect is kinda minimal but still looks great

xjcar

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
We can post them here to share through your favorite site ... Youtube, Picasa etc. ... I really don't get what these reviewers are talking about because these 3D images are amazing to me.
I agree . I don't think I will use it that much but the 3d video is amazing! .. It really jumps out at you! You would never know but I am actually quite near sited in one of my eyes so 3D glasses never worked for me. The very first 3D movie I ever seen in my life that actually worked was a video that I made 2 days ago on my EVO. I really never knew that it looked like that .Thanks HTC. :cool:

Melaza

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: 4th of July Fireworks with my Evo 3D

i thought of doing this last night, but i never thought it would come out that good so i diddnt bother. the 3d effect is kinda minimal but still looks great

Thanks! I was actually recording 2D and decided to switch it to 3D and came out pretty cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo