Turn off haptic vibration on keyboard? Menu choice doesn't work

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I've gone into settings/language & keyboard/touch input/text input as I did on the 4G, and as described on page 33 of the manual, and turned off haptic feedback. I've also turned off a setting for haptic feedback on the sound menu. Despite this, my EVO is still vibrating when I type on the keyboard. Feeling like there's something alive and buzzing in my hands makes me nuts and (literally) gives me the urge to slam the phone onto the floor hard and stomp on it (I feel like I have an angry wasp or something in my hands). Is there some trick to turning this off? This is a "fix it or the phone goes back to Sprint" issue for me. My blood pressure shoots up every time I type on the phone.

Any help appreciated.

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
This is in touch input settings, in keyboard settings, as it was on the 4G

I wasn't very clear in how I explained it, but the route to get there is what I was trying to describe in the first sentence of my OP. Both "sound feedback" and "vibrate when typing" are turned off (not checked).

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't very clear in how I explained it, but the route to get there is what I was trying to describe in the first sentence of my OP. Both "sound feedback" and "vibrate when typing" are turned off (not checked).

try downloading "spare parts", and going see if the options are checked in there.