HTC EVO 3D: Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

jjbrotherton

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: EVO3D Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

Ok, great phone. :) Several issues. :p

Hardware:
*Charging/Video port seems like its located in the worst spot for convenience.
At some point HTC relized that people would prop up their phones on their desks to watch movies, or for other reasons. I dont know about anyone else but when I am at my desk the phone is generally charging. I like it to be as close to 100% when I take off for any considerable amount of time. So anytime I am at the desk the phone is connected to the computer via USB and charging. When the EVO 3D charging you cant prop it horizontally for watching movies/ landscape mode. We are going to need a nice cradle, one that will rotate between landscape and portrait easily. :-$

*Device does not lay flat on the desk while using.
While the previous EVO (4G) did not lay flush with the desk it did not "teeter" when lying flat on the desk if you needed to use it briefly while laying on the desk. I tried to text a message to someone with one hand while doing something with the other hand so I did not want to pick the device up for the short/ quick use. It was very frustrating to have it "teeter" everytime I lightly tapped each letter of the text message. I understand there are two camera lenes, but was there no solution for this user experience issue?

*Camera Buttons
The camera button is takes away from the EVO 4G symecrical beauty.
Why, WHY a hard switch for 2D/3D? Seems so 1970's. I can only assume it was technically nessesary for some reason but I cant think of one. Then again I am not enginieering 3D camera's in my lab. :confused:

Software:
*App list flip one page per swipe.
I understand the need for some people to paginate through the app list, but for the users that were used to the speed of flinging the list and stopping it where you knew your app was located is now hindered by the page by page/ swipe by swipe method of navigating the list. Getting to the bottom of the list once could be done with one good swipe now can take dozen swipes! Big step back, UNLESS, there is a way to turn it off. I have not seen it yet but I have not looked hard either, could be there. :confused:

3rd Party apps:
*Some Major Apps not ready for market
We will not hold this part against HTC but there are a few apps that do not seem to be ready for this phone to be released. Oovoo, Sirius XM, Bank of America, Mint. I purchased an HTC Evo Veiw 4G yesterday as well and the problem also exists for that device. 3rd party support and buy in needed to be a bit stronger. :confused:

3rd party Accecories:
*Car cradle offered at Sprint stores lacking style/ usabilty
Car Cradle sold at sprint is awkward at best. Seems its was ntended for landscape mode only, Very lopsided when in portrait configuration. Not enough vertical rotation. Joint closest to the suction cup is NOT adjustable and needs to be for more rotation. :confused:

After reading this you probably think I am not impressed with this device but I am. So far I am very pleased with the device and would recommend it to a friend.
You can go directly to a different screen by pinching the home screen closed and choosing the page directly.

ATC Buckeye

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

My "Friendstream" widget seemed to stop working. It hadn't showed any new content for about 3 days. I finally just removed the widget as it was taking up a whole page and not doing anything.

Facebook notifications don't work anymore, they worked great the first day.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

That sucks everyone I show it to is blown away! I think there is some getting used to but for the most part its not a gimmick rather a cool original feature or added bonus ..

All the other issues u have I don't seem to have esp after the ota update,

Maybe it is the age of the people the 3D stuff is shown to? But yes, I have done the OTA update, and others are reporting the icon bug. The spinning thing is more of a preference than a defect, but I have seen others complain about that too...

kashanova

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

Sorry about all the quotes, but I don't want to clutter this thread any further with multiple posts :)

Well, if this GPS issue doesn't get resolved in my 30 days I might be forced to go back to my og EVO, which sucks because I really love this phone otherwise.

Same here unfortunately

Parapyro

May 16, 2010
Visit site

When I first got the phone, I immediately started messing with the camera and noticed a GREEN tint to the pictures. This was more obvious when using the flash. Then later I realized that it was the screen and not the pictures! Everything seems to have a GREEN hue to it. The darker the screen, the greener it gets. The stock settings for the display are on auto, if I turn this off and go to full brightness the green seems to fade, but battery life suffers. Anyone else notice this?

Mr. Berry

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Anybody noticed the up time and awake? Seems like phone is not getting any rest, even overnight.
And I power my phone down twice and it still gave me an up time of 20+ hours after I powered it up. Had to do a hard reset.

Last edited:

anon(32502)

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site

Evernote widget fails constantly (although app can be opened through normal icon). When I uninstall the program and re-install with the widget it shows, and then again goes to "problem loading this widget" icon.

Also, "real calc" and "pandora" icons go blank into the "marketplace" icon look. Again when uninstalled/installed they're fine for a bit, but always revert back to problematic icons (software does work though).

Android doesn't play well with widgets if an app is installed to sd card. Move Evernote back to phone and widget will work.

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

I'm getting REALLY dark photos when taking in 3d in low light. The flash doesn't seem to have an effect at all. The photos are almost just as dark as they would be without the flash.

2d photos are great.

anon(32502)

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site

I have the same issue and that is really the only one. I checked the box under power settings to save battery and I do just fine. As far as the icon issue, had the same prob with my 4G after updating to gb so I tend to think it's a gb problem. My only other issue is the lack of arrow keys on the keyboard but oh well. Here's a question, is the switch the only way to toggle between 2d and 3s effects? I only see out of one eye so i can't see any 3s effects so I'd like to turn them all off. Can't find any other settings though...

The toggle switch for 2D & 3D is only for photo or video recording. It has no effect on what you view - if 3D content appears the display will automatically adjust. Also, the UI is not 3d.

jfstx1

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site

Good day everyone. My first post here in the forums. My problem is that I was watching green hornet and plugged in my head phones, google music started up. So i stop movie, go to app and shut it down. Go back to movie and a minute or so later music starts again. Only does this when head phones are plugged in. So now when I plug in the head phones...google music starts up... very annoying.:(

anon(32502)

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site

Ok, great phone. :) Several issues. :p

Hardware:
*Charging/Video port seems like its located in the worst spot for convenience.
At some point HTC relized that people would prop up their phones on their desks to watch movies, or for other reasons. I dont know about anyone else but when I am at my desk the phone is generally charging. I like it to be as close to 100% when I take off for any considerable amount of time. So anytime I am at the desk the phone is connected to the computer via USB and charging. When the EVO 3D charging you cant prop it horizontally for watching movies/ landscape mode. We are going to need a nice cradle, one that will rotate between landscape and portrait easily. :-$

*Device does not lay flat on the desk while using.
While the previous EVO (4G) did not lay flush with the desk it did not "teeter" when lying flat on the desk if you needed to use it briefly while laying on the desk. I tried to text a message to someone with one hand while doing something with the other hand so I did not want to pick the device up for the short/ quick use. It was very frustrating to have it "teeter" everytime I lightly tapped each letter of the text message. I understand there are two camera lenes, but was there no solution for this user experience issue?

*Camera Buttons
The camera button is takes away from the EVO 4G symecrical beauty.
Why, WHY a hard switch for 2D/3D? Seems so 1970's. I can only assume it was technically nessesary for some reason but I cant think of one. Then again I am not enginieering 3D camera's in my lab. :confused:

Software:
*App list flip one page per swipe.
I understand the need for some people to paginate through the app list, but for the users that were used to the speed of flinging the list and stopping it where you knew your app was located is now hindered by the page by page/ swipe by swipe method of navigating the list. Getting to the bottom of the list once could be done with one good swipe now can take dozen swipes! Big step back, UNLESS, there is a way to turn it off. I have not seen it yet but I have not looked hard either, could be there. :confused:

3rd Party apps:
*Some Major Apps not ready for market
We will not hold this part against HTC but there are a few apps that do not seem to be ready for this phone to be released. Oovoo, Sirius XM, Bank of America, Mint. I purchased an HTC Evo Veiw 4G yesterday as well and the problem also exists for that device. 3rd party support and buy in needed to be a bit stronger. :confused:

3rd party Accecories:
*Car cradle offered at Sprint stores lacking style/ usabilty
Car Cradle sold at sprint is awkward at best. Seems its was ntended for landscape mode only, Very lopsided when in portrait configuration. Not enough vertical rotation. Joint closest to the suction cup is NOT adjustable and needs to be for more rotation. :confused:

After reading this you probably think I am not impressed with this device but I am. So far I am very pleased with the device and would recommend it to a friend.

I hear ya. Two big gripes are location of port and camera button. The camera button is great to have, but I hate feeling it constantly when I hold my phone. These issues alone may force me to make another choice.

jorgesicas#AC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

is anyone experiencing the music app or pandora muting completely when a SMS or notification tone is played?? my old Palm Pre and even the NS4G would "dim" the volume of the music players (either music app or pandora) and play the notification, but the EVO 3D completly mutes the music apps..... very annoying when driving..

Dagnillo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

is anyone experiencing the music app or pandora muting completely when a SMS or notification tone is played?? my old Palm Pre and even the NS4G would "dim" the volume of the music players (either music app or pandora) and play the notification, but the EVO 3D completly mutes the music apps..... very annoying when driving..

This is a "feature," not a bug. AFAIK there is no way to set it the way you are wanting.

sea1206

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

had my evo for 1 day and a half put it to charge and now it wont turn on. the led charge light just blinks on and off. if u can help please do

Maven454

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

Restart not working. Must hit Power button to get it to start after shut down from Restart.

I had this issue originally. Somewhere between half a dozen factory resets, switching back to my Evo 4G and then back to the 3D again, it started working correctly... not a helpful solution, but some info.

rickelia

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

As far as some apps not displaying correctly on the Evo 3D. The resolution of the 3D has increased since the 4G, I am sure many of the 3rd party it appears still need to incorporate fixes for this new resolution in the form of an update to their code base to support this new device. I suspect many of these apps will be fixed to support this resolution sometime this coming week.

shaungilmer

May 14, 2010
shaungilmer.com

i put this somewhere else but i guess it is better here:
1. the "End" during a phone call at the bottom isn't center on the button my is very far left
2. when you are texting the keyboard twitches while and almost like it resets. I will be in the middle of typing a long word and sometimes the predictions disappear along with what section of the keyboard I am on. A couple of times it has even caused the text messages to scroll all the way up to the top

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

I still have some more months before I can upgrade to the EVO 3D, maybe by then all, or most of these issues / problems might be eradicated. (Keeping fingers cross)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12