HTC EVO 3D: Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
My battery usage stats are not resetting after I unplug the phone. Even hitting the reset in the menu options is not doing it. Any advice?

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to keep asking but does anyone know how to stop the fast spinning of the sense pages when you change pages to quickly?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to keep asking but does anyone know how to stop the fast spinning of the sense pages when you change pages to quickly?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Just hold down home button for 2 second to see your pages and press one you want instead of spinning.

EVO - LUTION 3D

Domingan

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: EVO3D Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

When I start my camera with the toggle switch on 3D, it still starts in 2D sometimes.

I need to switch it to 2D, then back to 3D for the 3D to take effect.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I get the same thing... Anyone know whats the deal here?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

My problems with the Evo 3D so far:

1) The 3D stuff really *is* a gimmick. All it does is make my eyes hurt badly (and most people I showed it to). So I just ignore that "feature". Nothing lost, nothing gained.

2) The icon bug where apps on the SD card have no icons when you reboot. Very annoying.

3) The font sizes were not adjusted when they upped the resolution of the screen! So now *everything* is smaller. And on things like the Google Market, you can't adjust fonts or zoom. My eyes are not what they used to be.

4) I very much dislike the too-easy and long spinning of the sense page scroller. And there is apparently no option to turn it back to the old behavior of Sense 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: anon(32502)

thegov

May 6, 2010
Visit site
My battery life is a joke. Completely died in 2.5 hours. I appear to be the exception. Also if I reboot, any app that is on the home evermore and the SD loses its icon. Reverts to the generic android icon.
I have the same issue and that is really the only one. I checked the box under power settings to save battery and I do just fine. As far as the icon issue, had the same prob with my 4G after updating to gb so I tend to think it's a gb problem. My only other issue is the lack of arrow keys on the keyboard but oh well. Here's a question, is the switch the only way to toggle between 2d and 3s effects? I only see out of one eye so i can't see any 3s effects so I'd like to turn them all off. Can't find any other settings though...

rurutia

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Wondering if someone could help me. I installed Swype beta, and then saw that you can't on EVO's, so I uninstalled it and rebooted. Upon reboot, it came up fine but the moment I unlocked the lock screen, the screen went back. From sounds and lights from my buttons/camera, the phone was still responsive but the screen blank. I heard that this was fixable with a battery reset, but I can't seem to remove my Seidio Platinum case! My boyfriend and I have been at it for an hour and the case just won't budge. :(

Chris5#WN

May 16, 2010
Visit site

1) The 3D stuff really *is* a gimmick. All it does is make my eyes hurt badly (and most people I showed it to). So I just ignore that "feature". Nothing lost, nothing gained.

2) The icon bug where apps on the SD card have no icons when you reboot. Very annoying.

3) The font sizes were not adjusted when they upped the resolution of the screen! So now *everything* is smaller. And on things like the Google Market, you can't adjust fonts or zoom. My eyes are not what they used to be.

4) I very much dislike the too-easy and long spinning of the sense page scroller. And there is apparently no option to turn it back to the old behavior of Sense 2.

That sucks everyone I show it to is blown away! I think there is some getting used to but for the most part its not a gimmick rather a cool original feature or added bonus ..

All the other issues u have I don't seem to have esp after the ota update,

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

Battery won't charge fully, stops at around 72%, I just did the update though so we'll see...

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

Also, after the software update the phone is still missing from the lockscreen, anyone else?

EDIT: nevermind, I found the HTC software update option, still finding my way around android..

Last edited:

rickelia

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

Ok, great phone. :) Several issues. :p

Hardware:
*Charging/Video port seems like its located in the worst spot for convenience.
At some point HTC relized that people would prop up their phones on their desks to watch movies, or for other reasons. I dont know about anyone else but when I am at my desk the phone is generally charging. I like it to be as close to 100% when I take off for any considerable amount of time. So anytime I am at the desk the phone is connected to the computer via USB and charging. When the EVO 3D charging you cant prop it horizontally for watching movies/ landscape mode. We are going to need a nice cradle, one that will rotate between landscape and portrait easily. :-$

*Device does not lay flat on the desk while using.
While the previous EVO (4G) did not lay flush with the desk it did not "teeter" when lying flat on the desk if you needed to use it briefly while laying on the desk. I tried to text a message to someone with one hand while doing something with the other hand so I did not want to pick the device up for the short/ quick use. It was very frustrating to have it "teeter" everytime I lightly tapped each letter of the text message. I understand there are two camera lenes, but was there no solution for this user experience issue?

*Camera Buttons
The camera button is takes away from the EVO 4G symecrical beauty.
Why, WHY a hard switch for 2D/3D? Seems so 1970's. I can only assume it was technically nessesary for some reason but I cant think of one. Then again I am not enginieering 3D camera's in my lab. :confused:

Software:
*App list flip one page per swipe.
I understand the need for some people to paginate through the app list, but for the users that were used to the speed of flinging the list and stopping it where you knew your app was located is now hindered by the page by page/ swipe by swipe method of navigating the list. Getting to the bottom of the list once could be done with one good swipe now can take dozen swipes! Big step back, UNLESS, there is a way to turn it off. I have not seen it yet but I have not looked hard either, could be there. :confused:

3rd Party apps:
*Some Major Apps not ready for market
We will not hold this part against HTC but there are a few apps that do not seem to be ready for this phone to be released. Oovoo, Sirius XM, Bank of America, Mint. I purchased an HTC Evo Veiw 4G yesterday as well and the problem also exists for that device. 3rd party support and buy in needed to be a bit stronger. :confused:

3rd party Accecories:
*Car cradle offered at Sprint stores lacking style/ usabilty
Car Cradle sold at sprint is awkward at best. Seems its was ntended for landscape mode only, Very lopsided when in portrait configuration. Not enough vertical rotation. Joint closest to the suction cup is NOT adjustable and needs to be for more rotation. :confused:

After reading this you probably think I am not impressed with this device but I am. So far I am very pleased with the device and would recommend it to a friend.

Reactions: anon(32502)

kashanova

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

Well, I am having a big problem with my GPS. It hardly has a lock on me at all when I am driving, and google navigation keeps losing me for a few seconds here and there. This is a big deal since I use my phone for navigation a LOT. My og EVO never had any problems. Is this a problem with just my phone, or the GPS unit in the 3D, or a software problem that can be fixed later?

same here, hope this gets fixed soon

garyg_nh

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Does anyone have issues with apps not FULL screen? My Sonos and TD Bank appsare only three quarters of the way down the screen. Thank you

jjbrotherton

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site

Anyone know how to rename a shortcut Icon? I created 2 shortcuts to the same contact, 1 for mobile and 1 for work. They both have the same name, so you can't determine which is mobile and which is work. I tried to hold down the icon and drag it to edit, but it doesn't work.

Dagnillo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Sorry about all the quotes, but I don't want to clutter this thread any further with multiple posts :)

same here, hope this gets fixed soon

Well, if this GPS issue doesn't get resolved in my 30 days I might be forced to go back to my og EVO, which sucks because I really love this phone otherwise.

Does anyone have issues with apps not FULL screen? My Sonos and TD Bank appsare only three quarters of the way down the screen. Thank you

I have that problem with a couple of apps. One of them is Teeter, an HTC game from other phones, which I really hope someone can get to scale to the EVO 3d's screen. I think it's a software issue with the higher resolution on the 3d; I'm guessing the software author needs to add in scaling for bigger screens and such.

When the EVO 3D charging you cant prop it horizontally for watching movies/ landscape mode. We are going to need a nice cradle, one that will rotate between landscape and portrait easily. :-$

Can you prop it up on its other side (the one with the volume rocker and camera button)? Or does the charging cable dick it up?

As for #2, it happens to a lot of people and there was a workaround mentioned in this thread: either change your HTC theme/scene, or force-stop the Sense app (it will reload and bring back your icons).

I, too am annoyed by the spinning carousel, and I don't think there's an easy way of turning it off (yet). I think it's a cool-looking but ultimately useless feature. You can avoid it, however, by making shorter swipes with your finger when switching from one home screen to another.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Yes, my favorite local sports cable station app,, nesen,, is half screen now.

EVO - LUTION 3D