06-27-2011 01:25 PM
120 1234 ...
tools
    Do it man!

You're taking a dive, it seems like a deep plunge, clouds cover the surface you will land on. The suspense is too much!

Just jump. You'll land amongst pillows and beautiful women.

^The switch is kinda like that.
    HILARIOUS! Thank you.
    svargas05 likes this.
    06-23-2011 03:02 PM
    Thanks. I am concerned about multi-tasking too. Is there a synergy equivalent? Does the EVO 3D sync all of your contacts from facebook, linkedin, gmail, etc.?
    There's an additional download in the HTC Hub for linkedin, but yes, it syncs everything.

After syncing for a few hours it will request using a notification any unlinked profiles, which you can select all, and link them all together.

On the EVO 4G, you had to do it manually one by one.

Don't worry about multitasking. It does it, you just don't have to manage it.
    06-23-2011 03:05 PM
    Thanks. I am concerned about multi-tasking too. Is there a synergy equivalent? Does the EVO 3D sync all of your contacts from facebook, linkedin, gmail, etc.?
    I don't have Facebook or Linked in so someone else can answer that question. As far as gmail yes it syncs all contacts. Don't be concerned about multitasking you can set this phone up so you won't have to multitask like you did on the Pre...you just ahve to experience it to understand what I mean by that.
    06-23-2011 03:07 PM
    There's an additional download in the HTC Hub for linkedin, but yes, it syncs everything.

After syncing for a few hours it will request using a notification any unlinked profiles, which you can select all, and link them all together.

On the EVO 4G, you had to do it manually one by one.

Don't worry about multitasking. It does it, you just don't have to manage it.
    Does facebook contact photos sync too? When photos and information change, are they automatically updated on the phone too?
    06-23-2011 03:08 PM
    This is my first post in Android Central, and I'm coming from the Sprint Pre. I too was a little hesitant to learn a new system (and I'm still learning Android and Sense). But I am very impressed with it so far. My biggest and ONLY complaint with switching is the lack of the Touchstone. The Touchstone was my only real concern with switching. Those power mats don't count towards replacing the Touchstone.

It's been about 24 hours now with my Evo 3d and I must say, I'm not regretting the switch in the least. (but I do still miss my touchstone!)

The main reason why I made the switch was because I was sick and tired of seeing other carriers get updates (Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3) and nothing for us sprint users. I'm not even sure that Sprint will get a Pre 3. That is what really upset me and drove me to switch.
    06-23-2011 03:10 PM
    Does facebook contact photos sync too? When photos and information change, are they automatically updated on the phone too?
    Yep. HTC Sense 3.0 will request to link your contacts, which will group them together. As "Facebook for HTC" updates, so do their profile pics, and the top of the screen shows their last Facebook status.
    06-23-2011 03:11 PM
    This is my first post in Android Central, and I'm coming from the Sprint Pre. I too was a little hesitant to learn a new system (and I'm still learning Android and Sense). But I am very impressed with it so far. My biggest and ONLY complaint with switching is the lack of the Touchstone. The Touchstone was my only real concern with switching. Those power mats don't count towards replacing the Touchstone.

It's been about 24 hours now with my Evo 3d and I must say, I'm not regretting the switch in the least. (but I do still miss my touchstone!)

The main reason why I made the switch was because I was sick and tired of seeing other carriers get updates (Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3) and nothing for us sprint users. I'm not even sure that Sprint will get a Pre 3. That is what really upset me and drove me to switch.
    Welcome to Android Central!

Wait....do you miss your touchstone?
    06-23-2011 03:13 PM

Why is the Touchstone so much better than a powermat? I do LOVE my touchstones but I thought the powermats were essentially the same thing. No?
    06-23-2011 03:17 PM
    Ok, I am on the verge of picking up this new EVO 3D but I'm definitely on the fence. I LOVE WebOS but I'm getting tired of the constant lag and MANY glitches. I own a launch day Palm PRE and I'm sure/hoping some of these issues will get worked out with the impeding arrival of the PRE 3 but of course, there's no release date. The Touchpad looks promising especially with the Touch-to-Share integration feature with the PRE 3. The specs of the EVO 3D simply looks amazing. I'm SO torn!

Please provide some "real" reasons to switch or not. Don't just say things like the EVO or PRE rocks!

This is a serious plea for help. Thanks!
    O god get rid of that piece of junk, i did 8 months ago. I am glad I did and I switched to the evo. You get evo 3d going from a palm pre and o wow you will be amazed and very very happy. Try it for 30 days, what do you have to lose? If you don't like it just switch back. But that will be impossible because you will never put it down. You are like I was, you have been brainwashed by that other site. I bet if you ask them they could not tell you what the word "clunky "means. But they love to use it alot when they describe android. Go for it.

EVO - LUTION 3D
    06-23-2011 03:18 PM
    Yep. HTC Sense 3.0 will request to link your contacts, which will group them together. As "Facebook for HTC" updates, so do their profile pics, and the top of the screen shows their last Facebook status.
    That sounds good. Do you lose any functionality that WebOS' Synergy provides?
    06-23-2011 03:19 PM
    Why is the Touchstone so much better than a powermat? I do LOVE my touchstones but I thought the powermats were essentially the same thing. No?
    Because the power mats still plug into the USB slot, or it's a case that attachs to the USB plug. The touchstone was apart of the phone itself. I am curious to see what options they have for the Evo 3d.
    06-23-2011 03:20 PM
    O god get rid of that piece of junk, i did 8 months ago. I am glad I did and I switched to the evo. You get evo 3d going from a palm pre and o wow you will be amazed and very very happy. Try it for 30 days, what do you have to lose? If you don't like it just switch back. But that will be impossible because you will never put it down. You are like I was, you have been brainwashed by that other site. I bet if you ask them they could not tell you what the word "clunky "means. But they love to use it alot when they describe android. Good for it.

EVO - LUTION 3D

The extra large size of the EVO 3D doesn't bother you coming from the smooth riverstone palm pre? Did it take any adjustment?
    06-23-2011 03:20 PM
    That sounds good. Do you lose any functionality that WebOS' Synergy provides?
    With Synergy there's no work involved, with HTC Sense 3.0, there's a very small amount.

Truly, the only thing I really miss is patching WebOS.

I've attempted to learn about "rooting" my original Evo, only to be confused by lingo.

Image, rom, kernal, what?

I gave up.
    06-23-2011 03:21 PM
    Because the power mats still plug into the USB slot, or it's a case that attachs to the USB plug. The touchstone was apart of the phone itself. I am curious to see what options they have for the Evo 3d.
    You can't plug the powermat into a USB wall charger like the Pre's and just set the EVO 3D on top of it like we do with the Touchstone?
    06-23-2011 03:22 PM
    The extra large size of the EVO 3D doesn't bother you coming from the smooth riverstone palm pre? Did it take any adjustment?
    Not at all. The evo was actually a little bit thinner so fit better in my pocket. As far as screen size,, with in a few mins I realize I could never go any smaller then evo ever again.

EVO - LUTION 3D
    06-23-2011 03:23 PM
    You can't plug the powermat into a USB wall charger like the Pre's and just set the EVO 3D on top of it like we do with the Touchstone?
    No. (HP)alm owns the patents to that technology, and it's hardwired into the device right from conception.

PowerMats are a 3rd rendition of a Touchstone.
    06-23-2011 03:24 PM
    Not at all. The evo was actually a little bit thinner so fit better in my pocket. As far as screen size,, with in a few mins I realize I could never go any smaller then evo ever again.

EVO - LUTION 3D
    I completely agree with this statement.
    06-23-2011 03:25 PM
    Do the contacts on the phone actually get "updated" and merged with the data from FaceBook, LinkedIn, etc. or are the profiles kept separately like on the Pre? For example, if the EVO 3D syncs with FB, and you decide to export all of your phones contacts, would the exported file contain all of the contact info from FB (phone numbers, email addresses, etc.)?
    06-23-2011 03:30 PM

EVO - LUTION 3D
    That's helpful, thanks! Do you miss the Pre's physical keyboard?
    06-23-2011 03:32 PM
    That's helpful, thanks! Do you miss the Pre's physical keyboard?
    NO! You will not, once you get used to software keyboards, it's hard to use hardware keyboards!

Once upon a time, I too, had a Palm Pre and I was all about hardware keyboards. Then the Evo 4G came out and I will never go back.

You wont miss it because 1) You can learn to be very fast on the software keyboards and 2) It takes a lot of bulk out of the device.
    06-23-2011 03:42 PM
    Do the contacts on the phone actually get "updated" and merged with the data from FaceBook, LinkedIn, etc. or are the profiles kept separately like on the Pre? For example, if the EVO 3D syncs with FB, and you decide to export all of your phones contacts, would the exported file contain all of the contact info from FB (phone numbers, email addresses, etc.)?
    The data is stored in your email account, but it's just data telling the Sense device how and what to link it with, but not an actual merge of information.

If you export using HTC Sync software, it may export all contact info, but I'm not a user of that software. Maybe someone else can comment on that.
    06-23-2011 03:43 PM
    NO! You will not, once you get used to software keyboards, it's hard to use hardware keyboards!

Once upon a time, I too, had a Palm Pre and I was all about hardware keyboards. Then the Evo 4G came out and I will never go back.

You wont miss it because 1) You can learn to be very fast on the software keyboards and 2) It takes a lot of bulk out of the device.
    I do disagree here, I still miss being able to type without looking, and sometimes I get frustrated attempting to type on my keyboard, but it's a very minor flaw, especially compared to the positives of the exchange.
    06-23-2011 03:45 PM
    And with the 3D, for the first time I don't have to have the volume all the way up to hear people....it's almost too loud then.

Much different than my Pre.
    06-23-2011 03:46 PM
    What was your lightbulb moment?
    HP VEER., when they announced it I knew they weren't serious about hardware and I had to GTFO
    Also stupid things like Shazam and Words with Friends, why be left out?
    06-23-2011 03:49 PM
    Amazing people still own a pre
    06-23-2011 03:53 PM
120 1234 ...