View Poll Results: How is your signal strength and call quality?

Voters
237. You may not vote on this poll
  • Worse than my old phone on Sprint.

77 32.49%
  • Same as my old phone on Sprint.

90 37.97%
  • Better than my old phone from Sprint.

58 24.47%
  • It's so bad that I am thinking of returning it.

12 5.06%
09-19-2011 01:14 PM
85 1234
tools
    My wife and i both have this phone and its amazing. Camera quality is average, 3d pics are great and signal has been good. Call quality is great. Speaker phone needs to be louder sometimes. My buddy also traded in his Samsung moment. He lived in a fringe area in appt complex. I literally could hardly under stand a single word he said on his moment due to signal loss. No on EVO 3d he can go everywhere in his house and sounds great. To him its a miracle as he is a sales guy for me and on the phone all the time.
    06-25-2011 04:17 PM
    5 bars, in 3G area, every call is choppy, will be stopping by Sprint on Monday to ask if I'm the only one that got launch phones with this issue.
    06-25-2011 06:04 PM
    Good here too...I have full bars right now.
    I have also noticed a stronger wifi signal
    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    06-25-2011 06:18 PM
    Anyone else experiencing this since getting their phone? I'm in a 5 bar area with 3G and all my calls are choppy, scratchy and garbled. Other Sprint phones around me have no issues, my old phone never had issues like this. Some what frustrating after spending 200 dollars on a phone not really being able to understand anyone.

Besides all that...THIS PHONE ROCKS!!
    06-25-2011 06:26 PM
    Anyone else experiencing this since getting their phone? I'm in a 5 bar area with 3G and all my calls are choppy, scratchy and garbled. Other Sprint phones around me have no issues, my old phone never had issues like this. Some what frustrating after spending 200 dollars on a phone not really being able to understand anyone.

Besides all that...THIS PHONE ROCKS!!
    you are allowed to take it back.
    06-25-2011 08:21 PM
    Wish I could take my vote back! I said "same" but it's actually a little worse. Inside my house the coverage has always been bad but Mogul/TP/TP2 would "hold" a call a little longer and let me move around until I got coverage back during a call. E3D seems to just drop off quicker and I have to re-call.

"roaming only" would be nice to have back too for the important business calls that are made!
    06-25-2011 09:15 PM
    I own an evo and the 3d.I'm having some problems in my house with the wifi and the service on my 3d when it works perfectly in my evo 4g. Anyone else having this problem?
    06-26-2011 02:11 AM
    A little worse than the EVO 4G but not a deal breaker.
    06-26-2011 06:35 AM
    I I'm having some problems in my house with the wifi ?
    I cant get a connection on wifi at all in the back bedroom ( I dont have a problem at all with my other wireless devices in that room) but if I go to the front room of my house I have wifi on the phone .
    06-26-2011 08:38 AM
    Seems to have way better 4g connection especially as far as holding signal and switching towers.
    06-26-2011 09:09 AM
    I've just noticed today that call quality seems bad on the other end of who I'm talkin to. I can hear them loud and clear, but I sound like I'm under water.... Anybody having this issue but me?
    06-26-2011 10:04 AM
    I'm considering this phone, but am concerned specifically about reception for calls especially, as well as the 3G, 4G data.

I live out in the country, about evenly between 2 cell towers.

My BB Curve would drop calls fairly frequently at home, just didn't get stellar reception. My Evo4G has been a much better improvement over the Berry for reception & call quality. Places I used to drop calls I would actually keep them (versus the BB). Also much better 3G reception. 4G is about a half mile away (hard to believe since I live in the country).

I'm worried the 3D will revert me back to dropping a lot of calls. What's the consensus 3D versus the Evo4G?
    06-29-2011 09:17 AM
    From what I have experienced, the evo 3d is the same as my 4g was when it came to reception and clarity. I feel their antennas are sensitive and hold the calls better than any phone I had before. I cannot tell a difference.

06-29-2011 09:49 AM
    I cannot tell a difference from my 4G. Maybe the bars show a tad lower, but those bars really mean squat. Gotta look at the DBM values to get an accurate reading.
    Otherwise though I would say its atleast the same as the 4G from what I can see
    06-29-2011 09:51 AM
    My E3D has noticeably poorer reception than my E4G. My desk at work would hold onto one bar before and now I roam on and off all day. Call quality is great when reception is good and 4G is much faster.
    06-29-2011 10:50 AM
    Thanks everyone. I'm heading to Sams Club today to look at the phone. I am not going to trade in my 4G, will hold onto it during my 30 day trial period (or until I'm happily wedded to the 3D phone) then probably sell it on CL (since it's happily rooted) with the extras I have for it.
    06-29-2011 11:18 AM
    Thanks everyone. I'm heading to Sams Club today to look at the phone. I am not going to trade in my 4G, will hold onto it during my 30 day trial period (or until I'm happily wedded to the 3D phone) then probably sell it on CL (since it's happily rooted) with the extras I have for it.
    My 3D definitely has worse 3G reception than my 4G, but I like the phone overall a lot better. It was like this with the 4G when it first came out, and the reception got better with new updates. This one will, too. I still get reception everywhere, it just has a bar less. It is so much faster, though, and I really like Sense 3.0 and the 3D photos.
    06-29-2011 12:36 PM
    I am getting about the same as my epic and 4G. But today I am having a problem with no data.

06-29-2011 01:01 PM
    same call quality,close to same radios but upload/dld speeds-3g worse=wifi better.main complaint is small fonts-hard to see
    06-29-2011 01:25 PM
    Anyone have been told, by the person on the other end of the phone, that your voice is low and crackling. Have you had more drop dropped calls than previous phone(I came from evo4g)?

So I have had people telling me they can't hear me, my voice is crackling, and I have had 2 dropped calls since I got the phone (late last week).

Anyone have had similar problems???

07-06-2011 05:48 PM
    Anyone have been told, by the person on the other end of the phone, that your voice is low and crackling. Have you had more drop dropped calls than previous phone(I came from evo4g)?

So I have had people telling me they can't hear me, my voice is crackling, and I have had 2 dropped calls since I got the phone (late last week).

Anyone have had similar problems???

I haven't had any of the call quality issues that you are referencing but I have noticed that I haven't been getting as strong of a signal that I had been used to with the 4G. I don't know if you also have noticed this but I am guessing the two would be likely connected.
    07-06-2011 05:53 PM
    I have noticed that call quality and signal strength are not as good as the EVO 4G. I just deal with it because the phone is so rad otherwise. It is dissapointing but not a deal breaker for me.
    07-06-2011 05:57 PM
    I have noticed that call quality and signal strength are not as good as the EVO 4G. I just deal with it because the phone is so rad otherwise. It is dissapointing but not a deal breaker for me.
    +1
    07-06-2011 06:01 PM
    Sprint rep said they are having many outages nation wide and that they are working on it...
    07-06-2011 06:30 PM
    I have no issues, i even had my daughter give me her phone and had her call me from mine so i could hear what others hear when I call them. Sounded fine.

EVO - LUTION 3D
    07-06-2011 06:34 PM
85 1234