Signal strength and call quality

How is your signal strength and call quality?

• Total voters

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Instead of trying to keep track of what everyone here has said about signal strength compared to their Evo or other Sprint devices, lets have everyone vote about your experience so far.

franky_402

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
i live in a smaller town with low sprint signal, and the evo gets the same signal, havent been able to test it enough to say about dropped calls but sound quality was great so far, it seems slightly better than my og evo so far!!

jtghw

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I have been getting 3 bars most of the time, which is a little lower than the 5 bars I used to get with the touch pro2. Also my downloads have been slow. Sound quality seem to be better though.

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 Evo 3d's here and walking around my house side by side with an OG Evo the evo 4g definetly gets better signal. I would say on average 1-2 bars better although sometimes all 3 phones are equal but not usually. I haven't gone into any service menus to check but that's just for looking at the signal meter on the notification bar.

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
After my EVO 4G got run over I switched to a Nexus S and the signal seems much better on the 3D than the Nexus. My connections were pretty bad on the Nexus. Slow interweb speeds and phone connections.

The EVO 3D is sweet.

vincey2kr1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Evo 3d Cell reception

Needing to know how the new radio cell reception is doing on the evo 3d compared to the evo? I dont get a very good signal at work and opted for the evo because it actually picked up better cell reception then the samsung epic. Some initial reports are saying the cell reception is terrible on the evo3d, heres hoping its just as good as the old evo.. Let me know thanks

TheNeck

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious also, because right now since i work in the basement of a building i only get 1 bar with my Epic 4G, and I will be getting my Evo 3D tomorrow morning. So as long as i still get 1 bar i will be happy, any more than 1 bar, would be great.

Bamm83

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
so far not so good

I generally get all bars but one in my house and so far (pre update) I have only been getting 2-3 bars. I haven't made any calls just yet, but it's a little discouraging. I'm updating now and then will probably do a hard reset to see if it changes.

EMT J

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Have it side by side with my original and they're both showing the same bars on 3G and 4G. No signal strength issues here, then again I always have great coverage in NYC. I believe the couple of reviews that stated poor signal issues were just in bad Sprint coverage areas. Have no call quality issues either, both the earpiece and speakerphone seem on par with the original. And people I've spoken with say I didn't sound any different.

sfbayboater

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Better than my NS4G, In my office I use to get 1 bar of 3g and no 4g, I now get 2 bars of 3g and 1 bar of 4g. Over all I get better reception every where then my NS4G. We will see what happens when they release an update for the signal issue with the NS4G. Another note is that my Wifi signal is also much better than the NS4G.

Grudge76

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Call quality and signal strength

So how is everyone signal strength any drop calls yet? When talking to someone is it pretty clear? Thanks in advance

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Call quality and signal strength

I have no idea what some of the reviews are talking about. The call quality and signal is great.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy