View Poll Results: How is your signal strength and call quality?

Voters
237. You may not vote on this poll
  • Worse than my old phone on Sprint.

77 32.49%
  • Same as my old phone on Sprint.

90 37.97%
  • Better than my old phone from Sprint.

58 24.47%
  • It's so bad that I am thinking of returning it.

12 5.06%
09-19-2011 01:14 PM
85 ... 234
tools
    I'm not sure about the rest of you but I am coming from an evo 4g and my reception was pretty good. This phone constantly says that I'm roaming. I get that warning about 3-5 times a day. I do travel around the country a lot but I never used to roam this much with my evo 4g. I hope the tower updates fix this issue.
    Could be a difference between Preferred Roaming Lists... Either way, roaming should not cost anything(it doesn't cost me) so I just disable all the roam warnings.

For everybody else, you can do some real numerical tests using an app called OpenSignal
    Wiley_11 likes this.
    08-15-2011 11:45 AM
    My call quality with just a couple bars is pretty good but it can garble indoors. Also my 3g speeds are pretty slow 90% of the time.

Sent from my EVO 3D w/ Tapatalk
    08-15-2011 02:05 PM
    Same as every other Sprint phone I have had...most recently the Pre...it is no better or worse, not very good in my house for calls, but fine everywhere else...text messaging, internet has been fine everywhere...
    08-15-2011 04:42 PM
    I am finding call quality and signal strength to be superb, especially coming from my Palm Pre. The noise cancelling mic really does wonders. also, I cant wait for sprint network vision to launch, as the evo 3d is the first sprint phone with a 3 band radio so you can have signal using the iDen network(nextel), CDMA(sprint/3G) and WiMAX network. New towers will even have all 3 radios on them for even better reception.
    dailywireless.org Sprints Vision: iDen, CDMA & WiMAX, All Together Now
    Great Article.
    08-15-2011 04:52 PM
    Amazing - people who try to call me must have read the same thing because when they call - my phone drops the call or maybe they are just imagining that my phone has dropped the call because they read about the issue.

Bottom line a phone I can use as a PHONE is the better phone.
    And you haven't sold yours on eBay or Craigslist and gotten something better because...
    Wiley_11 likes this.
    08-15-2011 05:36 PM
    signal strength seems ok...usually seem to be in yellow zone...lighter yellow is better right?
    08-15-2011 07:20 PM
    Well, i was able to travel around oregon and into washington today and im happy to say that my slow 3g is in just my area. The speeds in Bend are decent but up north in cities around portland its alot better. Im going to call retentions and talk to them about thier ****ty service in my area.

08-15-2011 07:34 PM
    Well, i was able to travel around oregon and into washington today and im happy to say that my slow 3g is in just my area. The speeds in Bend are decent but up north in cities around portland its alot better. Im going to call retentions and talk to them about thier ****ty service in my area.

I just received my second one yesterday after a 4 week wait (they said it was on backorder) The call quality on this one is as bad or worse. The other issue I have is the on/off is very difficult to use, much different than the old one. This one is going back as well. I just need to decide if I want to try another or go back to my Hero (dreadful thought) until something else comes out. I have 6 other Sprint phones in my home an no other phone has call quality this poor.
    08-17-2011 01:35 PM
    I just got the Samsung Epic Touch 4G and the call quality is MUCH better but the 3D has faster data speeds.
    09-19-2011 01:08 PM
    I just got the Samsung Epic Touch 4G and the call quality is MUCH better but the 3D has faster data speeds.
    Gotta love clueless users and newbies. Data speed is dependent on the network, not the phone.
    09-19-2011 01:14 PM
85 ... 234