LAUNCH DAY THREAD [Tell interesting/humorous Evo 3D launch day stories]

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Title says it all:

I'm interested in hearing about your launch day stories (if any). Were there problems? Were there sell outs, riots or Network outages? Did a guy walk in, buy an Evo 3D, open it after buying it and then smash it to death with a golf club or bat? Oh wait, that only happens in Apple Stores. ;-)

ramonini

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Man here in Miami the radio shack i pre-order opens at 6 . its 4:11 been up just to go get the phone . Was playing COD so dont think i been just waiting awake lol . If anything i see when i go to the store ill post it .

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
My order is supposed to arrive today from Wirefly, NO signature required, cannot be left at the local FedEx..let's hope I don't have an interesting story to tell hahaha

dchanson

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been in the Sprint parking lot for fifteen minutes. The manager JUST pulled in. He's the only other soul I've seen so far...

frankiepapa

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Ten minutes before launch and I am the only one in front of my sprint store. And I had it reserved lol

good luck to all...i still remember getting to the sprint store last year on june 4th after being told they would have an evo available and then find out that there was not one available!! Still bitter but hope for the best for all the folks looking to get a 3d!!

dchanson

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Oshkosh, WI is clearly not as excited about this phone as I am...half hour to launch and I'm still the only customer here. I GOT here a half hour early for the 4G launch and was about 12th in line....

whaddupdoe

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Went to work at 6:45am, walked to BB at 8:00am, I was the first and only person there, copped my wifes Evo3D, back to work at 8:15am... easy and smooth transaction!!!

dman4915

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Sitting in the parking lot at radio shack in Palatka,Fl they open at 9 and I've been up all night working since 4:30 yesterday. I hope it doesn't take as long to activate as the 4G did. That was an all day affair with Sprint's system being overloaded

Sent from my soon to be backup EVO 4G using Tapatalk

banzaiwolfe

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Not exactly what you were looking for, but the Sprint store I preordered from still hasn't even bothered to call me about picking up the phone. No big deal though, I already got mine yesterday from sprint.com.

I was originally told I was first or second when I had preordered back on May 20th. Very unhappy with how that particular store handled everything.

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Oshkosh, WI is clearly not as excited about this phone as I am...half hour to launch and I'm still the only customer here. I GOT here a half hour early for the 4G launch and was about 12th in line....

I preordered at our Oshkosh store.....I just went through the premier route instead, which those 11 others most likely did as well.

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I overslept and did not make to Radio Shack until 10 this morning, though they opened at 8 am. They told me that they had already sold the Evo 3D's they had in stock! I told them I had preordered and they asked my name. After telling them, they once again apologized and said they realized their mistake and anticipated my arrival. They pulled out a Kyocera Echo that they were going to give to me free of charge to compensate me for my displeasure!

Realizing the Horror of the moment, I awakened to find myself asleep in my car. Radio Shack had been open for 10 minutes and I had fell asleep waiting on them to open and had a nightmare! Traded in my Old Evo 4G. they let me keep the charger and Micro SD Card. Final cost: $69 bucks. Since the shack had no 16 GB Micro SD cards, I went to Best Buy and bought a case and a Micro SD Card.

Melaza

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a story! First I got my EVO woot woot

Second the wonderful people at Best Buy after they told me I didn't need an appointment 3 people went ahead of me because appointments. Got in the store at 9:30 and didn't get out of there until 11:30, but hey! I got my EVO!

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
First off I got my phone 2 days ago(Sprint Premiere) I went to Best Buy today @ 8 to go get some accesories with my pre order gift card.. First off let me say Best Buy has the best cases out and the platinum w/ kickstand is sweet... When I got there 2 ppl were in line(Definitely not the Evo 4G launch but that's expected the 4G is still a GREAT phone and I dearly miss mine) The guy greeting ppl at the door ask if I have a pre order and (as I flashed him my 3D) I said well I did but Sprint beat you to it lol. So I go in and the guy inside ask me how did I get it early so I let him know about the SP thing. He was like but here you dont have to do the mail in rebate... So I promptly informed him that Spint was offering the same deal as everyone else now and that theres no real advantage to buying from best buy. (But do remember they have the best case selection) So he sells me my case and I head off to Sprint across the street. Why? I still needed a screen protector all Best Buy had was the invisishield and I dont care for screen protectors that I have to apply with solutions.. So I head off to Sprint walking into Sprint there are maybe 15 ppl ahead of me so I actually had to wait just to buy a screen protector(stupid but whatever) First off Sprint has a 3 pack screen protector $15 2 clear and 1 anti-glare which is a pretty good deal in my book... So I was there and the Sprint rep was actually asking me questions about the phone and how to do certain things lol he said "you know everything already" In my head I was thinking.... Well Duh! lol (thanks to Android Central) i just find it hilarious that whenever I go into Sprint or Best Buy I always know more than the ppl working there, and often help explain things to ppl and have even helped sell some ppl on certain phones...

Well that was my morning sorry for the long post... Just remember BB for cases Sprint for Screen Protectors....

Reactions: crholt

neilept

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I have been debating whether to bite the bullet and get the 3d. I have the 4g, and love it. I am a premier customer, and upgrade every year. I finally decided, today at 10 am, I was going to do it. I went to the Walmart across the street from work, and bought it. I bought their last one, the one they were about to put on display. They only got 3 :eek:

I'm glad I decided to get it, it seems worth the upgrade so far.

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Not much happened at radioshack...went in got it. They sold out of otterbox defenders so I have to pick one up at a different shack

Over-iOS

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Was at best buy at 8 sharp. Only one car in the lot. We both got out of our cars walked to the door,walked into an empty store. Sat down got the phone in my hands and proceeded to show the bestbuy employee about all the features that my new phone which she just sold me has. LOL.