evo 3d EPRP activation problems

oldag

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I was just about to buy an Evo 3D in a sprint corporate store, and they told me I couldn't buy it unless i got off my "everything plus referral plan" and went to a regular plan.

i went home, and ordered one online with no indication that a plan change would be necessary. I then called customer care to see if this was a policy, and she said that i *would* have to activate it under a different plan.

Is anyone else getting the runaround about using the Evo 3D on an EPRP plan?

kcodya

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Had this issue last year at the Sprint store when I got the 4G, made me change to a regular plan. When I got home I called 888-876-8381 and talked to them about the issue and they changed me back to EPRP no problem. You might give that a try.

Reactions: oldag

oldag

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Had this issue last year at the Sprint store when I got the 4G, made me change to a regular plan. When I got home I called 888-876-8381 and talked to them about the issue and they changed me back to EPRP no problem. You might give that a try.
thanks! i asked phone customer care if there was a special EPRP care line, and she was oblivious. i'll call that number tomorrow when i attempt activation.

thanks again -- will keep ya'll posted.

oldag

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Ended up ordering online, and the employee plan (even though i am not an employee) customer service line as stated above was able to activate it no problem.

thanks again for the tip. now i know pretty much not to ever call regular customer service. I only wish the corporate store would have been able to do what they are supposed to be able to do.

chubbs123

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I went through the same thing last year for the Evo 4G. Just went to Best Buy instead and got it there. They activated it with no problem.

scaryhumor

May 13, 2010
Visit site
My EPRP plan was up for a 2 year renewal by the time the 3D was released. I got mine at a corporate store, and renewed under the same plan with NO problems or surprises.

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I got my 3d no problem on the EPRP plan at a Sprint Store. They made me switch last year when I got my 4g but was able to switch back no problem with one email. On the EPRP website it states you can order online through the EPRP webpage or buy it at a Sprint Corporate Owned Retail Store.

playersnoopy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm on EPRP plan but bought mine online through the EPRP site with the plan chosen. I think it has more to do with the store not wanting to give you the plan than you not being allowed to be on the plan; and having to buy the equipment through the EPRP site and not picking one up at the store. But EPRP always gives free next day air shipping through UPS so no big deal, worth it.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I went from a SERO 500 to the EPRP 500 when I got the Pre. Changed the plan over the phone, got the Pre at my local 3rd party Sprint store (kiosk).
Changed the EPRP 500 to a EPRP Family 1,600 (added my wife and brother-in-law) in mid June.
Went to the same local Sprint kiosk to get my Evo 3D on launch day and they couldn't get into my account to activate the phone. Called Sprint, they were no help.
The guy tried another back-door way and was able to do it.
I love the great pricing for my plan but that was a PITA to get the phone activated on my account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21