Factory/Hard reset HTC EVO 3D

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I would like to factory/hard reset my EVO 3D but am having no luck. I've found instructions to do so such as here:

How to Hard Reset HTC EVO 3D | YopinTech - Build Site. Build Sucess

However, "factory data reset" is not an option in my menu, and holding the volume down button on boot doesn't work either.

I looked in the threads for a solution to no avail. Any suggestions?

And you're doing the following?:

Menu>Settings> SD & Phone Storage> Factory Data Reset

That's it.

nextelfixer

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Volume down and power does get you to the boot screen. I had to do it yesterday because the Sprint rep swapped the wrong phone number into my new 3d. Just hold down the volume down and then press power for like 5 seconds.

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I hope we get FAQ Sticky for the EVO 3D soon. There is a lot of valuable information spread out in all of these threads. You guys rock with knowledge and feedback! Thank you.

niath7

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
How about evo 3d that doesn't want to boot up with power+down volume button pressed? I've wasted 30minutes doing every possible way I found on the net to make it work but still 0. The problem started when phone closed cause no battery energy left.

Last edited:

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
How about evo 3d that doesn't want to boot up with power+down volume button pressed? I've wasted 30minutes doing every possible way I found on the net to make it work but still 0. The problem started when phone closed cause no battery energy left.

Go to settings /power and uncheck fastboot

Thank Me if i Helped

rgrenier2

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Hit phne on the bottom of the evo 3d, in the dail pad press ##786# , then press menu key and password pops up type in your msl for your phone(secrurity) you can get this number from sprint rep.Info comes up go to the menu key again hit reset and it will do a factory reset.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC