Homescreen Screen Shots on the EVO 3D

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
2011_09_18_01_27_56.jpg

j_ko

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I think I was most proud of those too :)
I was totally inspired by your screenshots to try this out. I used the free launcher pro and desktop visualizer, but let me ask you this: is it easier to create the buttons on a computer? I made all of mine by either taking screenshots from games or apps, or finding images on line, and then edited them all natively with pic say pro (thanks Amazon free app!). This was a very time consuming process. Is there an easier way to do this? Your buttons look very polished. Where at you getting the icon pics that you are editing for your buttons? And is there some sort of guide for getting the aspect ratios and overall size to properly fill out the buttons? I like the buttons to have very little space between and had varying degrees of success accomplishing this.
Thank you in advance
Justin

scoty024

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
The pics were just gotten from searching various sites for images.
Modifications are easier to do on the pc, bit obviously not required.
As far as how I cropped the icons, I used the crop app made by the same company that made Desktop Visualizer (paid) to do that. Much easier than attempting to perfectly size the pics first.
Icon spacing is all a matter of how many rows and columns you have on your screen, the more you have the closer the icons will be. Too many and your icons will overlap. I worked on this by starting with the standard 4x4 and filling it with 16 1x1 gmail widgets I created. It look a while and was probably excessive, but it let me know how close everything would be as I adjusted the columns and rows.
Hope any of that helps. And if you're already using the crop software and I misunderstood let me know.

Sent from my 3VO using Tapatalk!

Reactions: j_ko

j_ko

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
No, I was trying to avoid spending anything. It's pretty cool how much time you can waste on a weekend for absolutely free! So you get your images from wherever, but then you edit and crop within the desktop visualizer add on, entirely or a combo of PC and add on?

scoty024

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I never touched the pc when I did mine aside from using it as an easier way to find pics. All the editing was done on my EVO 3D. And with the pics, I always looked for the biggest I could find, that way they always look crisp when cropped.

Sent from my 3VO using Tapatalk!

Reactions: j_ko

B737

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I was playing around on my wifes STOCK 3D. I'm not sure what button I pushed, however it took a sreen shot of her home page! I haven't been able to duplicate it. Anybody else experience this?

scoty024

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Only thing I can think of is that you pressed the home button while holding down the power button.

Sent from my Asus Transformer using Taptalk.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I was playing around on my wifes STOCK 3D. I'm not sure what button I pushed, however it took a sreen shot of her home page! I haven't been able to duplicate it. Anybody else experience this?

It is pressing power button and home button at the same time for screen shots.

10.1/32 gig of fun!