HTC Trace

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody prefer HTC Trace to Swype?? I gave up on Swype on my HTC EVO 4G after my user dictionary filled up with nonsense words and I got frustrated by the horrible way to delete them all.

HTC Trace doesn't seem to work as good as Swype, but I think it's a good mix of typing and swiping words. I keep it activated, but hardly use it and stick to plain typing.

fknm3tal

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Trace not working??

im a new android user. im trying swype and htc trace for the first time. i like the style of trace more then swype, but i can only get trace to work in messaging while swype works everywhere. Does anyone else have this problem?:(

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Trace not working??

im a new android user. im trying swype and htc trace for the first time. i like the style of trace more then swype, but i can only get trace to work in messaging while swype works everywhere. Does anyone else have this problem?:(

Yep, I have this very same problem. Trace only works for email, messaging, and typing in other text fields, but does not work when entering username and passwords, and typing in web page adresses. I believe that this is by design though.

As for which I prefer:

I like the flexibility of trace. Its nice to be able to type and trace interchangeably.

But, I prefer the competence of trace. You can tell that Swype has been at this a lot longer with its extra added features such as better word prediction, the option of putting an automatic "s" after the apostrophe, the delete whole word when backspace....

maybe i simply need to give Trace another shot.

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I might give Trace a try (how?). Swype, by default, is set up HORRIBLY. It's configured way towards the "Speed" side instead of accuracy and it shows. website.chok, really? .com you dummy.

Wiseguy158

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
FlexT9 from the market - it was the free app on Amazon a while ago. I've tried all the "swype" style keyboards (swype, slide-it, and some other one a while ago that doesn't seem to be on the market anymore), and like this one the best.

Great word prediction, it seems to learn your common word choices and put those up first, as well as has "unlimited" word choices, where Swype only gives you 8. Additionally, it has a great "Speak to Type" input with easy access from the regular keyboard, and a "Trace" keyboard which you just hand write the letters and it types it out for you (seems more gimmicky than useful, but cool none the less).

If you're set on using a Swype style keyboard, check it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy