Sense 3.0 or custom launcher?

Flip

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sense 3.0 or launcher pro

I went back to launcher pro, I liked sense 3.0 don't get me wrong but I have the unlock version of launcher pro since my evo was running cm7, so my new evo 3d still feels that I can customize it with launcher pro

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

I was never a big Launcher Pro fan. Nor was I a Sense fan. However, Sense 3.0 brings a whole bunch of improvements over Sense 1.0. I think I will be staying stock for a while as there are so many new things for me to play with.

mcduffer

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

Sense 3.0 IN MY OPINION is just frickin awesome and will be staying on my phone. Sense 3.0 makes this phone for me!

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site

Sense has the best widgets in my opinion. I like how launcher pro can limit the number of screens and hide unused apps. But Sense looks better than any UI I have ever experienced.

Atomic2Mod

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I can't get mine to stay as the default launcher. It works for a little while, then it asks me again after hitting the home button.

Also: randomly, ALL my widgets - except for LP widgets - disappear (cannot display) from the screens.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site

No sense 3.0 is great. Sense uses most of the phones rom anyway so I might as well use it.

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

I hate the sense dock
Such a waste. App drawer is ok.. Phone? That can be 2 items with the size (and I'd rather it not be phone) and settings? F'in settings is a space on the dock? If I really need to change the settings, Menu->settings is there, why waste a dock icon for it?

The worthless and lame dock may make me switch out of an otherwise fine skin in sense

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Such a waste. App drawer is ok.. Phone? That can be 2 items with the size (and I'd rather it not be phone) and settings? F'in settings is a space on the dock? If I really need to change the settings, Menu->settings is there, why waste a dock icon for it?

The worthless and lame dock may make me switch out of an otherwise fine skin in sense

You should be able to customize the dock. I wonder why they haven't allowed this yet?

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I can't get mine to stay as the default launcher. It works for a little while, then it asks me again after hitting the home button.

Also: randomly, ALL my widgets - except for LP widgets - disappear (cannot display) from the screens.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Go into applications > HTC sense and clear the defaults. After that, mash home, then make sure you check the box at the bottom of the popup. Then choose launcher pro. That should set it.

-----
3vo. That is all that needs be said.

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

You should be able to customize the dock. I wonder why they haven't allowed this yet?

If you can, I can't find out where. This is my first time running Sense and I'm still figuring things out, but it doesn't seem like it can happen.

It just irks me because the left and right option of App drawer and customize, things you don't use that often, are always a menu + press away

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Totally agree. That's why I went back to LP. I missed my 5 shortcuts. Also I think the Widgets takes up too much space and fonts ate too big. For example with friends snf twitter, I can only see 4 post but with LP I see a lot more and more texts is displayed and are not cut off. Add to the fact that LP is smoother on my phone. Ymmv.

Atomic2Mod

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

Go into applications > HTC sense and clear the defaults. After that, mash home, then make sure you check the box at the bottom of the popup. Then choose launcher pro. That should set it.

-----
3vo. That is all that needs be said.

Thanks for your response!

That was the first things I've tried. Then I also installed a home switcher, tried the Spare Parts app and several other little things. My default just isn't permanent. Maybe it's my phone...