After i sync'd my facebook contacts i noticed something weird...

I was looking at my friend's info in the People app and noticed that his birthday said June 13 when it should be June 14. At first i thought it must've been a typo or an error in his facebook profile. But then i noticed the same error for ALL of my facebook friends! Every single birthday is shown as 1 day earlier than it should be!

I searched these AC forums and found just one other thread...someone had this same problem with their Evo 4G last year...but there was no reply, no explanation, no fix.

Is this the same for anyone else?????
    Hydraulic Jack likes this.
    06-25-2011 11:41 PM
    Yep, me too.

-----
    3vo. That is all that needs be said.
    06-25-2011 11:48 PM
    Whew.......I thought it was just me...I'm seeing the same thing with my contacts...HJ
    06-25-2011 11:49 PM
    I hope it's some kind of glitch that will be updated? HJ
    06-25-2011 11:49 PM
    Anyone find out how to fix this?
    06-25-2011 11:51 PM
    I've been researching in other forums and it looks like others have had the same problem on different android phones over the past year or so, but no sign of a fix. Now that i've noticed it, it's gonna drive me NUTS if i can't get this corrected somehow!!!
    06-26-2011 12:07 AM
    I just noticed that all the birthdays are showing up on the CORRECT days in the Calendar app. So for some reason the incorrect date seems to be only in the People app.
    06-26-2011 12:51 AM
    After i sync'd my facebook contacts i noticed something weird...

I was looking at my friend's info in the People app and noticed that his birthday said June 13 when it should be June 14. At first i thought it must've been a typo or an error in his facebook profile. But then i noticed the same error for ALL of my facebook friends! Every single birthday is shown as 1 day earlier than it should be!

I searched these AC forums and found just one other thread...someone had this same problem with their Evo 4G last year...but there was no reply, no explanation, no fix.

Is this the same for anyone else?????
    This wouldn't have bothered me at all if I hadn't noticed it...But now that you pointed it out, it's going to drive me nuts.

Thanks a lot!!! =P
    06-26-2011 01:06 AM
    This wouldn't have bothered me at all if I hadn't noticed it...But now that you pointed it out, it's going to drive me nuts.

Thanks a lot!!! =P
    Misery loves company! =)
    06-26-2011 01:42 AM
    I had an issue today where a Facebook meeting showed up as an hour later than it was listed in Facebook (as if the time zone was incorrect).
    06-26-2011 04:25 AM
    This has been going on with me for awhile. It happened on my EVO 4G, my wife's Nexus S 4G, my daughter's Shift 4G, and now my 3D. I think its on Facebook to fix, as it happens on 2 different brands of phones.

I have yet to find a fix...
    06-26-2011 09:51 AM
    My events are all one hour ahead, but the dates are correct.
    06-26-2011 09:52 AM
    I'm also seeing the birthdays show up a day early in my contacts, but the correct day in my calendar. I never had this problem on my EVO 4G. I emailed HTC and am waiting to hear back.

I am also seeing facebook events show up in my calendar an hour early. I did notice this glitch on my EVO 4G, but not until I updated to gingerbread. When I emailed HTC, they said it was a problem with the Facebook app. I told them that that info is synced through the Facebook for HTC Sense app, which I thought was made by HTC. They informed me that it was made by facebook, and they said facebook has to fix it. Seems odd to me, especially because if you go to manage applications, choose Facebook for HTC Sense, and tap about, it shows a copyright by HTC.

I hope this fix these bugs soon. They are pretty annoying.

John
    06-26-2011 10:18 AM
    Hmmm. I am seeing the same thing. What time zone is everyone in that is seeing this? Is anyone in the East coast having this issue? I am just wondering if it is a time zone setting where the program see a birthday as starting at 12 AM EST (for example) but the calendar adjusts for time zones and makes it the previous day.
    06-26-2011 11:32 AM
    Eastern time zone +1 to correct in calendar, but wrong in people.
    06-26-2011 12:20 PM
    Eastern time zone here too......HJ
    06-26-2011 12:23 PM
    Well i'm in hawaii.
    06-26-2011 01:49 PM
    Same issue seen on my wife's phone. I am refusing to use FB on my phone.
    06-26-2011 06:47 PM
    Sounds to me like its a Gingerbread issue.
    06-26-2011 06:51 PM
    I'm gonna bump until i get a fix. Or at least an explanation or reason why it's happening.
    06-28-2011 02:56 PM
    I'm in central time zone. HTC inspire here, so no gingerbread.... Any fixes yet?
    10-04-2011 10:42 PM
    Hmmm. I am seeing the same thing. What time zone is everyone in that is seeing this? Is anyone in the East coast having this issue? I am just wondering if it is a time zone setting where the program see a birthday as starting at 12 AM EST (for example) but the calendar adjusts for time zones and makes it the previous day.
    Well, I bought my phone in the Eastern Time Zone, while in FL for Christmas, but I live in the Central Time Zone. So, it was showing my home time as being Eastern Time, but even after I updated it, the birthdays are still 1 day off . . .

It appears the issue has something to do with the Facebook for HTC Sense service, 'cause when I pull someone up in "People", then click Links, & then unlink them from Facebook for HTC Sense, the birthday that is showing 1 day off disappears from their profile . . .
    01-16-2012 11:13 PM
    If you check back you'll notice that jan & feb are ok, they are on my calendar anyway plus ive got 1 birthday 22/3 thats fine but the rest are 1 day early...
    03-26-2013 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD