enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I thought I remembered seeing a post where someone was asking if anyone has tried this to connect to a DLNA device with their EVO 3D. Well, I tried it last night to my Samsung Bluray and it worked flawlessly. I was able to stream photos, videos and pictures with no issues. This is another plus for me.

Last edited:

lafester

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: DNLA

I have not tried it but I believe you connect your phone to your home wifi, then through your tv menu you should be able to find default folders for pics, videos and music.

now what we really need is an msl cable for full hdmi mirroring.

preViously

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

I have a Samsung blueray and TV as well and the Evo 3D worked great via DNLA. The only issue is that displaying on the TV is slow. It's not an issue with the Evo, but the Blueray is slow. I'm not sure why. It does the same thing when I connect my laptop.

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I was able to set up my audio folders and connect it to my Xbox with out any problems. It worked great.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

CheddarBo

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

hmm, didn't know it was an option to connect the EVO 3D to an xbox. Is it as simple as putting it on the network, and then using the xbox to scan for media locations?

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I will have to try this later. My samsung galaxy tab has All Share which my samsung tv has also and streaming downloaded movies over wifi is great. Quality is superb although not HD quality but better than dvd for sure. I'm hoping my E3d can do the same. I'll post my result later.

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

By the way can the OP change the title. Should be DLNA not DNLA. In case someone tries to search dlna this thread might not come up. Thank you.

fgkay

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I thought I remembered seeing a post where someone was asking if anyone has tried this to connect to a DNLA device with their EVO 3D. Well, I tried it last night to my Samsung Bluray and it worked flawlessly. I was able to stream photos, videos and pictures with no issues. This is another plus for me.

Any special steps to get the your BD player to show up on the EVO? I have a Samsung BD-C6900 on the same wireless network but can't get it connected with my 3d via the Connected Media app. The BD player never shows up in the list???

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site

Any special steps to get the your BD player to show up on the EVO? I have a Samsung BD-C6900 on the same wireless network but can't get it connected with my 3d via the Connected Media app. The BD player never shows up in the list???

I didn't try BD to EVO but EVO to BD. I will try the other way tonight.

lldsandsll

May 17, 2010
Visit site
DLNA worked seamlessly on my wifi enabled samsung TV. All I had to do was enable wifi on the phone, go into media share, check the box at the top to share folders (after selecting which folders to share), and then change the TV source literally to the phone.

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site

I didn't try BD to EVO but EVO to BD. I will try the other way tonight.

The Media Share app shows that it is an outward stream and not inward. I have seen posts here of apps on AM that can do two-way streaming. I haven't tried those.

fgkay

May 17, 2010
Visit site

The Media Share app shows that it is an outward stream and not inward. I have seen posts here of apps on AM that can do two-way streaming. I haven't tried those.

Thanks for the update -- I've been using the "Connected Media" app, which allows me to stream dierctly FROM the EVO to other devices. The app sees my networked (wired) Denon AVR and allows me to send content directly to the connected TV, using the EVO as the 'remote control'. So far, I can only play 2D pics and music this way. But for some reason, the Connected Media app doesn't see my Samsung BD on the network -- either when its wired or wireless.

I did try the "Media Share" app. I get the connection to my EVO, but it's extremely awkward & slow navigating via the BD remote, plus I haven't been able to view anything other than my 2D pics -- no movies, no 3D pics, no music. I'll get my Samsung TV connected later and see if there's any difference.

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My Sony BluRay supports DLNA but its ridiculously low compatibility list for video formats kills it. It shows my Evo3D no problem, just pointless after that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol