Trying to share 3D (mpo) files

Kash76

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Another 3D user and I have been trying to exchange 3D images. When asked if we want to send 3D, we say yes. The result is an mpo file but the "preview" button in Gmail only shows a 2D image.

Please enlighten me on how to share 3D content between phones.

Thanks!

kcpowercat

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Trying to share 3D (mpo) files via Gmail not rendering 3D

Had this same thing. I think its the preview option in the gmail app doing it but I can't find where it allows me to completely download the attachment.

thedigitel

May 7, 2010
Visit site

I haven't found a good method yet. Videos are easy via youtube, but images not so much. Hopefully Picasa opens up .mpo support soon, and hopefully Sprint will enable 3D over MMS.

Kash76

May 17, 2010
Visit site

OK, I am not the only one. Maybe we have to use the HTC mail app (ick).

BroadcastJunkie

May 17, 2011
Visit site

ya i figured out you have to use the on board mail app for 3d content. it lame, but whatever.. i guess it works

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

for now, you have to save it in a online file folder,like drop box, and then link from there. it seems to work well and lets me post right to twitter.

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Folks. Chiiilllllllllll!

There's a native way!

Open the 3D photo in your gallery. Tap the photo. Up in the right hand corner theres a "3D" icon. Tap it, it becomes 2D.

Now, tap the magic wand and tap "Save as 2D"

Voila!

EDIT: In addition, PicSay will open up 3D images MPO or JPS and convert them to the dual, side-by-side image, if you want it.

BroadcastJunkie

May 17, 2011
Visit site

Folks. Chiiilllllllllll!

There's a native way!

Open the 3D photo in your gallery. Tap the photo. Up in the right hand corner theres a "3D" icon. Tap it, it becomes 2D.

Now, tap the magic wand and tap "Save as 2D"

Voila!

EDIT: In addition, PicSay will open up 3D images MPO or JPS and convert them to the dual, side-by-side image, if you want it.

chill... no one is freaking out here. i think you dont understand what there saying. they are trying to view the 3D pic.. not convert it.. thats easy it asks you every time. people are trying to share a 3d photo and view it.

what you have to do is use the mail app that comes with the phone and not gmail. granted is not a fun step to use both, but honestly how many 3D pics will you be gettng. so i guess when you see you have one load up the MAIL app and not gmail and you should be fine to view the photo in full on 3D :) hope that helps

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site

chill... no one is freaking out here. i think you dont understand what there saying. they are trying to view the 3D pic.. not convert it.. thats easy it asks you every time. people are trying to share a 3d photo and view it.

what you have to do is use the mail app that comes with the phone and not gmail. granted is not a fun step to use both, but honestly how many 3D pics will you be gettng. so i guess when you see you have one load up the MAIL app and not gmail and you should be fine to view the photo in full on 3D :) hope that helps

Ah...oops!

I know nobody was freaking out. It was purposely exaggerated. (just a side-note)

hitraj47

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
3d sharing

How would I share a 3D photo or video with someone who has 3D glasses? So far I can only share the .jps which will only works out of the box with 3D screens.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana