So I have to ?pay 325 to upgrade from Evo 4g to 3D

mballa22191

May 18, 2011
Visit site
So, I am on the family plan, so I don't have the upgrade every year. I do get $75 off. So its 550 - 75 = 475 and then Sprint will give me 150 for the EVO 4g.

So thats 325 to upgrade. Its just to much.. Has anyone found a way to get around this?

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Any of the other family plan lines eligible? Yout could always add another line if someone else on your family needs a phone.

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
When is your upgrade available? You should just wait for the GS2 or Photon :)
Uhh ohh, I see them, here they come....E3d fans in defense

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
So, I am on the family plan, so I don't have the upgrade every year. I do get $75 off. So its 550 - 75 = 475 and then Sprint will give me 150 for the EVO 4g.

So thats 325 to upgrade. Its just to much.. Has anyone found a way to get around this?

Since you have a $75 upgrade available you can call sprint and they can give you a one time courtesy upgrade. Just call (877)775-4886 (this is the sprint retention department), tell them you want the Evo 3D and request an upgrade override....lots of people did this before the phone released, including myself. If they for some reason say no just keep calling and doing the same thing.

Reactions: mballa22191

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Yeah lol who knew an EVO 3D forum would be a bastion for EVO 3D supporters.

Notice how he doesn't have the Evo 3D.... I think it's FocusFreak lol
The OP clearly wants this phone, and the photon/gs2 are off-topic. idk why he even bothered posting...

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Notice how he doesn't have the Evo 3D.... I think it's FocusFreak lol
The OP clearly wants this phone, and the photon/gs2 are off-topic. idk why he even bothered posting...

I had the hero first. Than my wife got the evo. I wasn't to fond of it, so I decided on the epic. I've had my share of htc, and I just prefer samsung. It's the screen I think. Imma screen guy.

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
That doesnt make sense though. If we can get the phone for $199 and we are eligible for $150 discount then 550-150=400. Where is the additional 200 discount coming from to get it down to $199.

Technically you should be paying $274 if you're only eligible for $75 discount right? Then the Evo 4g trade in should bring it down to $124?

mballa22191

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Since you have a $75 upgrade available you can call sprint and they can give you a one time courtesy upgrade. Just call (877)775-4886 (this is the sprint retention department), tell them you want the Evo 3D and request an upgrade override....lots of people did this before the phone released, including myself. If they for some reason say no just keep calling and doing the same thing.

Thanks man.You solved my problem with that number. I had called regular customer service 2 times and they were not at willing to help me out. Guy on this line did. Thanks again

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Thanks man.You solved my problem with that number. I had called regular customer service 2 times and they were not at willing to help me out. Guy on this line did. Thanks again

Glad I helped :D
feel free to use the thanks button :)

Dj, I was just breaking balls. All you htc guys are so uptight :)

(see I did it again)
Haha we aren't uptight.... we are just committed :p

atom ant22

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site

This is a great idea, i will try this also im due from an upgrade like next month hopefully they will be nice.

Quick question when i request/ask for the upgrade override. Do i have to order it right there over the phone with sprint or can i walk into a store . Even better maybe a best buy (for the instance discount becuase sprint is going back to mail in rebates )

Then on top of that i can give sprint back my old 4g evo for a 150 credit .

Man this would work out great and make it all so affordable being that i aslso have to lines with them

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Instead of signing a new contract, you could try Craigslist... I picked mine up for 330 (brand new - unactivated) - And if you sell your EVO on CL, you can get 175-200 bringing your E3D cost down to 130-155 (contract free)

Edit: (just make sure you meet the person at a Sprint store and verify the ESN before paying up)

atom ant22

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Instead of signing a new contract, you could try Craigslist... I picked mine up for 330 (brand new - unactivated) - And if you sell your EVO on CL, you can get 175-200 bringing your E3D cost down to 130-155 (contract free)

Edit: (just make sure you meet the person at a Sprint store and verify the ESN before paying up)

acutally this is what i usually do , its double to work becuase i always have to find 2 phone and try to sell to. I have some time so i have options. Cool man

Yea im thing CL buy and sell on there all the time

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
There is always this option too if you dont care about loosing your number.. If your on a family plan you can always sell your evo 150-200 lets say 150 Cancel your contract on that line if your a year in its only 110 to cancel so that will leave you with 40.00. New evo 199.00-40.00= 159...