Has anyone successfully used Google Maps Navigation on their 3d?

Dagnillo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
When I use Google navigation my gps has a lot of trouble staying locked on to me. Many times it will get stuck for a few seconds and I miss my turn. I had no problems whatsoever with my og EVO. Has anyone gotten it to work without gps issues?

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Has anyone successfully used Google Maps Navigation on their

mine works flawlessly, try toggling gps and getting firm lock before you start moving.

Altered_EvO

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
The first time I loaded it up (Friday) it took about 10 minutes to find me. But after that it worked just fine for my 90 mile round trip on Saturday.

Sent from my E3D using Tapatalk

chevyboxer

May 26, 2011
Visit site
For GPS fixes download GPS status Fix. I've had issues with not getting a GPS lock on previous google phones. This helps a lot.

Sent from my EVO 3D using tapatalk

Dagnillo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

For GPS fixes download GPS status Fix. I've had issues with not getting a GPS lock on previous google phones. This helps a lot.

Where do you get it? I don't see it on the market.

I've tried toggling gps and every other setting, and letting it get a fix on me, but nothing helps so far. If that app doesn't work I'm going to assume from these posts that I have a defective unit.

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I use ti every morning on my way to work to check traffic conditions.... Loads up a lot quicker than on my OG Evo.

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

When I use Google navigation my gps has a lot of trouble staying locked on to me. Many times it will get stuck for a few seconds and I miss my turn. I had no problems whatsoever with my og EVO. Has anyone gotten it to work without gps issues?

Have you updated to the newest version of google maps in the market?

ShaunyMac424

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

I'm having the same problem he is with the GPS losing me. It's quite annoying.

PhoneJunkie

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

I must be really lucky, I just never have any of these issues that so many people seem to struggle with when getting these new phones. 3rd HTC phone and all have worked flawlessly.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

The GPS functionality was one of the first things I tested out. I used it all the time with Google Maps and Google Navigation on my EVO 4G, so this was a primary featured that needed to work on the E3D. Happy to report, mine worked flawlessly! I did notice that the device was pretty warm after using it, but I do have the car dock kit and the phone was mounted to the windshield on a very hot day (Austin, TX). So, not sure if the hot device was from the GPS usage or just from being in the sun. Either way, the GPS never cut out on me and all map and navigation functionality worked great. If I were having GPS related issues I would get a replacement ASAP!

Robodoc82

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site

The GPS functionality was one of the first things I tested out. I used it all the time with Google Maps and Google Navigation on my EVO 4G, so this was a primary featured that needed to work on the E3D. Happy to report, mine worked flawlessly! I did notice that the device was pretty warm after using it, but I do have the car dock kit and the phone was mounted to the windshield on a very hot day (Austin, TX). So, not sure if the hot device was from the GPS usage or just from being in the sun. Either way, the GPS never cut out on me and all map and navigation functionality worked great. If I were having GPS related issues I would get a replacement ASAP!
No problems with Google Navigation. I always use a AC vent mount to avoid overheating with using the GPS while charging. This phone runs a LOT cooler than my Touch Pro 2 ever did. You could burn yourself on that phone when the GPS was in use over a long period of time.

Dagnillo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Have you updated to the newest version of google maps in the market?

Yep.

My bad it is now called GPS Status and Toolbox

Thanks, I will try it out. If it doesn't work, I'm taking the phone back this afternoon. Sounds like almost no-one has problems, so I'm guessing I got a lemon.

ShaunyMac424

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

My bad it is now called GPS Status and Toolbox

I've downloaded this, and it fixes it for a split second, but if I go to the weather app it says I'm in New Bern when I'm really in Winston Salem. I'm disappointed after having zero problems with my EVO 4g. Anything else you can suggest?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie