Apps (installed on SD Card) Icon disappearing after restart

Morenicano

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I also posted this on HTC's Forums: Apps (installed on SD Card) Icon disappearing after restart - HTC EVO 3D (Sprint) - Android Forums - HTC Community

Ok, is anyone else having this problem? I installed my moveable apps to the SD card but for some reason after I restart my phone all the icons change to the default android icon. They keep their normal icons in the App drawer but for some reason only the ones that are installed on the SD Card lose their icons on the home screens. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? FYI, I've already removed them and re-added them from the drawer and it showed their icon again but once I restart my phone it loses the icon again.

3542.screenshot.png

1212.screenshot2.png

7608.screenshot3.png

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I also posted this on HTC's Forums: Apps (installed on SD Card) Icon disappearing after restart - HTC EVO 3D (Sprint) - Android Forums - HTC Community

Ok, is anyone else having this problem? I installed my moveable apps to the SD card but for some reason after I restart my phone all the icons change to the default android icon. They keep their normal icons in the App drawer but for some reason only the ones that are installed on the SD Card lose their icons on the home screens. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? FYI, I've already removed them and re-added them from the drawer and it showed their icon again but once I restart my phone it loses the icon again.

3542.screenshot.png

1212.screenshot2.png

7608.screenshot3.png

I've been noticing the same thing though they seem to come back eventually.

venom376

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I have the SAME issue myself.. gotta be a bug. I have to remove from screen, then add to screen again from app drawer. Not the biggest deal, but REAL annoying!!

Morenicano

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok I found a temporary workaround but it seems this is a Sense 3.0 issue. The temporary fix is to change your skin. Yes the wallpaper will reset to default but it will bring the icons back until you restart again... Then you have to change skins again.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok I found a temporary workaround but it seems this is a Sense 3.0 issue. The temporary fix is to change your skin. Yes the wallpaper will reset to default but it will bring the icons back until you restart again... Then you have to change skins again.

I'm having the same issue, but it didn't happen until I switched skins. I'm wondering if it's a bug in new skins?

jalbrant

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
My Evo 4g does the same thing but only to apps that are on the SD in a folder. Not sure if it's related to this, but seems to do it if I reboot with fast-boot enabled. It didn't do it before the Gingerbread OTA.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me on my EPIC if the media scanning was not completed. The 3D is acting like its not looking for the apps on the memory card.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
This is a bug on the EVO 3D with sense 3.0

From what i am hearing this probably occured when we got the Sense update with the phone icon.

As of now the only fix is keeping all apps on internal memory or switching skins then the icons will come back.

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
This is a bug on the EVO 3D with sense 3.0

From what i am hearing this probably occured when we got the Sense update with the phone icon.

As of now the only fix is keeping all apps on internal memory or switching skins then the icons will come back.

Well Sprint told me it was a normal for the EVO 3D to do this! Anyone else get a reply from them that makes sense.

Morenicano

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Well Sprint told me it was a normal for the EVO 3D to do this! Anyone else get a reply from them that makes sense.

LOL that makes "Sense" (pun intended). I also found out if you force Sense to close and go back to the home screen it will reload Sense and the icons but this is definitely a sense issue.

3362.screenshot4.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool