Unable to scan for networks (wifi problem)

speedy0339

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Every time I turn wi-fi on, it simply says "Unable to scan for networks". Does anyone know how to fix this. I hard reset and that didnt help.

yibrushn

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm having this issue as well. What did you mean by "try to set it up from the bluetooth" menu?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

cmacelis

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I had the same exact problem the other day, I did everything I could think of, turning the mobile radio on and off, trying a different wireless network, restarting my phone, taking the battery out, etc. When I took the battery out, And turn the phone back on, It would connect to the network but As soon as I turn off the wireless network and turned it back on I would get the unable to scan for networks, Finally I did a hard reset on the phone now everything is working fine, I am not sure what really caused it. This was the first time since I got my phone that I had any problems with it.
Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Reactions: yibrushn

yibrushn

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Turning off mobile network worked for me. Thanks! If it continues i'll have to factory reset though

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a thunderbolt and same thing Wi Fi keeps turning on and off, cant scan for netwroks, could it be a radio issue??

There is Widgets that will tell you about your signal, whether Mobile or WiFi. Have you used one of them to see what is happening with your signal in realtime? For me I use Mobile Widget Signal Pro, but the free version works just as well. I used this info to see why my AT&T WiFi wasn't hooking up to my phone. I just watched to see how my phone was trying to connect and which networks it was choosing over the AT&T. The Widgets came in handy for that purpose. It you see your signal is erratic and your phone keeps bouncing from one signal to another, then there might be an issue with your phone's radio, but try the Widgets first and just see what your phone is doing signal wise, while your trying to connect to WiFi. I hope this helps you out.

Posted From My Sprint EVO3D Using Tapatalk -

Lazydaze83

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I was able to get it to work by going to my
Settings Menu
- Wireless & networks
- Mobile networks
- uncheck Enable always-on mobile data

It will take a moment before you can reconect using mobile data.
:cool:

docbeatle

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been having the same issue for a few months now. I have to turn off Mobile Network to get Wifi to even appear. I know when the phone was new back in June that turning on Wifi would overrule 3G until you turned it off. Now the 3G radio overrules everything, including 4G. I do have always-on mobile data unchecked too. If anyone figures this out, please post your solution.

janeece1

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I need help working my phone , my wifi keep saying unable to scan networks . Can someone please help me ?

---------- Post Merged at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:58 PM ----------

I need help working my phone , my wifi keep saying unable to scan networks . Can someone please help me ?

madblah

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I encountered this problem on the Samsung Transform M920. My wifi on the device would error out or activate and attempt to pull an ip address from a connected network and then drop. I found that there was an app that I had installed that conflicted with some of the settings and resources on the device. In my case it was an app called light-flow light which is used to manage and control led notifcations. After i removed this app from my device it resumed normal operation.

BassPlayinBoy

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my HTC Droid Incredible! I did a factory data reset the other day because it was happening...then it was fine for a few days untill now! I try to connect to my home wifi, then it says error...sometimes it will show that it's connected but then it says scanning and then a message comes up saying "unable to scan for wifi". I am so mad at it! I cannot find out what had happened. I tried uninstalling apps to see ifI had malware, scanned my phone about 5 times, made sure I had all my settings the right way, did a data reset....nothing seems to work. It is the oddest thing that has happened to my phone! Someone please help!!!! I do't have my phone activated with mobile network 3G or anything data. I only use it for apps and social mobile.

shredder2

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I am Having the same problem with my Phone when it says scanning for networks like some time later it says unable to scan SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!

Mathew Lowry

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem, and a hard reset did NOT help.

Result: my phone (HTC Desire Z) has no apps or data thanks to the hard reset, and the ony way to get them back is through the mobile intermet, which will cost me a fortune in data.

A complete fail. Will never buy a HTC again.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem, and a hard reset did NOT help.

Result: my phone (HTC Desire Z) has no apps or data thanks to the hard reset, and the ony way to get them back is through the mobile intermet, which will cost me a fortune in data.

A complete fail. Will never buy a HTC again.

That's not the phones fault! You have to back up the apps.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Try resetting your router, it may be having a ip conflict. then i would toggle Airplane mode on and off a few times

Irene Sheridan

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
OMG I am having the same problem. EVO3D phone will not connect to my wi-fi. I have disconnected the router and reconnected. I have removed the battery and replaced it. I have scanned all my apps and files using 'lookout' everything is fine. why won't it recognize my wi-fi?

gena lemke

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same issue. Go to wireless networks> mobile network options> uncheck always enable mobile network. When you go back a step to wireless networks, have both WiFi and the mobile network checked. This way,it will choose WiFi first if available now. Not just always mobile network.hope this helps and is not confusing!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay