Screen Not Responding?

dcfella

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I too have had this issue!!! Are you guys using cases? I at first thought it may have something to do with that. When I took my case off within a few moments it starts working. I'm going to go the next few days without the case to see if that makes a difference.

WIth or without the case, mine has issues. Actually the screen erratic behavior has gotten really bad today to the point where it's basically unusable most of the time. I brought it back to the Sprint kiosk but the only replacements they had left were the ones with screens with a yellowish tint(I asked them to open and turn it on before taking one). They're going to call me when their new shipment arrives to get a replacement.

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: Screen stops working

it happens when I 'kill all' using the built in task manager
:(

I haven't tried using the built-in task manager much, but I loaded System Panel out of habit, and it crashed REPEATEDLY when I had it loaded. Uninstalled, rebooted, and it's been more stable, but still not perfect. Has locked up several times in the last couple days and required a battery pull to reset.

Once it was in my pocket and was caught doing something (I dunno what) and was really really HOT when I pulled the battery and let it cool down again before starting it.

ShaunyMac424

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
This phone is annoying the piss out of me this morning. The capacitive buttons won't resond 90 percent of the time today, and I've made a few phone calls where when I get someone's voicemail, I CAN'T HIT END CALL. The screen just sits there and acts like I'm not doing anything. Needless to say, I'm thinking about trading phones, but the problem is that I swapped ESN's with another phone on my account, and they said that by doing so I would be voiding the 30 day exchange. Now does that mean that if I take it back to swap, they won't swap it?

njchris

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My Opinion (based on observation) is that there was a bad batch out there. My first Evo3d started with the top half of the screen not responding. Rebooting fixed it. Then it started to reboot by itself... then it just wouldn't turn on....

Got it replaced and not once has it rebooted and the touch screen has been perfect.

jrojas12

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
So this is weird ...

On two occasions - once yesterday, once today, the same thing has happened. I was playing with my E3D, played some game, went "home" to open another, and it wouldn't let me click on it. I tried to swipe the screen to a different screen, and it wouldn't swipe. I turned the screen off, then back on and it WOULD let me unlock (swipe the ring up), but again, wouldn't let me click any apps or swipe to another screen. It WOULD let me click on the three launcher buttons (apps, phone, personalize), but nothing more.

It seems as if something is happening where the top portion of the screen stops responding. A reboot of the phone fixes it, no problem - but is anyone else having the same issue? Any ideas?
had the same exact issue last night. restart fixed it

colortheorydeveloper

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I concur on a previously posted message.
When an application has an issue, and for me it was this time Pandora. If you go into settings and kill running applications that you have started that may have caused this, the top of the screen becomes functional once again. It has something to do with software applications holding a part of the screen.

anon(21547)

Banned
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: Screen Not Responding???

they shouldn't if you have a dead pixel and getting the same model... if they try to charge you call Sprint, it may be a scam by the employee to get more money.

jonmart19

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Well I had the same issue, I did a hard reset twice on the phone and twice it ONLY temporarily fixed the problem. I took it in to Sprint and they told me it was a hardware issue with the touch screen. They ordered me a new one at no charge since I am paying the monthly insurance fee. Hopefully like someone else said it was a bad batch, if not, Sprint said that after 3 times of taking in a phone for hardware service that is not fault of the user, they will replace the phone with another model with manager approval of course but hey its an out for someone who keeps having the same issue.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Mines done this off and on. A reboot seems to fix it for the most part. Then it will do it again 2-3 months later. I think its a software issue to be honest when the OS forgets to refresh it's RAM. So far so good for me.

casiouser

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Happens to me alot. The only way I have been able to get around is it, is to be either patient for about 45 seconds or hope that I ran the task manager app recently. If I did I just hit kill all and then it works fine.
Sent from my EVO 3D

CryinLightning

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the same damn issue, i thought it was a hardware issue but then y remembered this started when i flashed some kernel, now when i flash other kernels sometimes it gets better, sometimes worse, i haven?t found one that works 100%

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Same thing happens to me on occasion on the regular EVO 4g. I've had to pull the battery several times. A real pain.

bbbelse

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Similar thing here, my HTC One X have worked fine up until recently when all of a sudden my screen doesnt respond at all. I get to the "swiping page" but not past it. Think it might be related to shortage of memory on my device, but how do I get past that if I cannot access the phone? WOuld hate to reset it, too many pictures etc that havent been backed up... Any ADVICE someone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos