Email app with preview.

bkemp88

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a Palm Pre like many of us, I am used to having text and email notifications with a preview.

Handcent solved my text problem, and is actually 10x better.

But the email is where I still need something. I get about 20-30 emails daily through my phone. I find it to be a pain in the rear to have to turn on the screen, unlock and pull down the notification bar just to see it say I have 3 emails. Then I have to open my mail app to see what they are about. Is there anything out there that turns the screen on and shows a window of at least a sender and subject that can be dismissed or bring up the email without ever unlocking the phone?

If not, someone should get on this. Would make life much easier for everyone.:cool:

Thanks

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a Palm Pre like many of us, I am used to having text and email notifications with a preview.

Handcent solved my text problem, and is actually 10x better.

But the email is where I still need something. I get about 20-30 emails daily through my phone. I find it to be a pain in the rear to have to turn on the screen, unlock and pull down the notification bar just to see it say I have 3 emails. Then I have to open my mail app to see what they are about. Is there anything out there that turns the screen on and shows a window of at least a sender and subject that can be dismissed or bring up the email without ever unlocking the phone?

If not, someone should get on this. Would make life much easier for everyone.:cool:

Thanks

If you are using Sense 3.0 then you can install the many widgets that HTC has ... First long press on an EMPTY home screen ... Then press " add widget " ... Then PRESS at the top where it says " HTC Browse all HTC widgets " ... Swipe the screen left to see more widgets ... The email widgets start at number 9 ... Here you can add the one you want and even add it to your lockscreen so you can see at a glance before unlocking your phone. Hope this is what your looking for.