My Evo 4G already did this, and so does the 3d, is it suppoed to be like this or what? Some people told me that theirs stays on until the message is being checked. What's the deal?
    06-28-2011 09:44 PM
    I think anyone who says that doesn't have any reference of time, or checks there phone very frequently. I had the EVO 4g and now the 3D and have always had an issue with the led only blinking for so long, until I rooted it. Since the 3D hasn't been rooted yet, I've been using Missed Message Flasher https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result and so far it's working. My wife (who came from a Pre with the pulsating button and now has my old EVO) loves it too. That has really been her only complaint about the EVO, that it was so obvious on the Pre when you had missed something. Since she got that app, she says I'm starting to really like this phone. I said I told you so of course.
    06-28-2011 10:22 PM
    Cool thanks. I just find it strange that they won't just let the light blink until we check the phone. I know it's not a battery saving feature, after all, if your battery is getting ready to die, the orange light keeps blinking until the cows come home, or the battery gives up the ghost completely, whichever comes first. Since I don't own any cows, nor do I provide a home for them, the battery usually has to die until that light stops blinking.
    06-28-2011 10:29 PM
    I tried Missed Message Flasher, but it flashes the whole screen, doesn't it? Unless I'm missing some way of getting it to flash only the LED?

I used to use WiMax Notifier, but it doesn't seem to be supported here. Are there any good LED flash managers?
    06-29-2011 03:41 PM
    Cool thanks. I just find it strange that they won't just let the light blink until we check the phone. I know it's not a battery saving feature, after all, if your battery is getting ready to die, the orange light keeps blinking until the cows come home, or the battery gives up the ghost completely, whichever comes first. Since I don't own any cows, nor do I provide a home for them, the battery usually has to die until that light stops blinking.
    It's been said for a couple years with any of these devices with notification lights. That they have a blink time, then will stop blinking. Has been this way for years... Helps save battery, and makes your phone less annoying.
    06-29-2011 04:20 PM
    I tried Missed Message Flasher, but it flashes the whole screen, doesn't it? Unless I'm missing some way of getting it to flash only the LED?

I used to use WiMax Notifier, but it doesn't seem to be supported here. Are there any good LED flash managers?
    Missed Message does "flash" the whole screen. It actually turns it on, which is nice, to me, since I have the lock screen set up to show the preview of messages. It doesn't allow you to control the led flashing (I haven't found one that does, but that doesn't mean they don't exist), but it does allow for the screen flash, a vibrate notification, or sound notification and is pretty customizable. I actually though it wasn't working at 1st on both my phones until I realized the initial delay for the notification is defaulted to 30 seconds. Guess I was impatient and didn't wait that long. I'm liking it though since the led is not the easiest thing to see, however the whole screen flashing is. You can also set how long you want it to stay on when it flashes. I feel like I'm trying to sell this app. I swear I'm not...it is free.
    06-29-2011 09:49 PM
    Yeah, HTC is really screwy with this. Other android phones let you choose how long for it to blink. HTC says it's shut off to save battery, like MannyZ28 said (which doesn't make any sense...). I emailed them about it and the response is below:
    I understand how important it is for the notification light on your device to flash indefinitely until you dismiss the notification.

Unfortunately, the device will only flash for about 5 minutes and then the LED light will no longer flash until you receive another notification. This is a battery saving feature and cannot be adjusted. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
    It would be awesome to find a program that's compatible with the Evo 3D, but none of the several I've tried seem to work correctly. If anyone finds one, post the app name here .
    06-29-2011 11:53 PM
    That seems like a strange response, considering that his can be remedied instantly with a quick ota... No skin off their backs to let people control this.
    06-30-2011 12:20 AM
    Though we don't know how much battery these lights waste, it sure does **** me the hell off when I get in that 15% range, and i try to cut as much stuff off as possible, but yet the damn thing is blinking till it dies.

Notification lights are what we love about these phones. Being able to just glance and see if you have anything instead of having to turn on the screen. That is what I hated about my Nexus S4g. You get used to it, but I definitely prefer to just look at the notification light.
    06-30-2011 04:54 AM
    Could be worse. You could have an iPhone.
    06-30-2011 07:28 AM
    So I've tried about every led notification program I could find. So far, the best one for me seems to be 'LED me know'. It's made for the Desire, but both the beta and newer pre-release versions seem to work. It won't change the color of the LED, so just select green/none depending on which version you use. It says HTC phones need compatibility mode enabled, but that makes it not work on the Evo 3D (so don't check the box ). I did turn off all other LED notifications and shut off all notifications from gmail since I could not find a specific led option. LED me know will also place a notification icon in status bar, play a sound, and/or vibrate if you want. Link to xda thread below (has links to market, as well as the pre-release version that I am currently using).

xda-developers - View Single Post - LED me know BETA

http:/ /forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=9163837 (link for those who don't want to login, just remove the extra space)
    06-30-2011 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD