How could reviewers be so wrong!

1fastmx5

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
This phone just flat out rocks! I came from a Touch Pro 2 WinMo 6.5 and feel like I was just beamed to the next century. This phone is more then I even hoped for. Has that been your experience to? Why did it get mediocre reviews?

svinyard

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Came from the EVO 4G. Phone blows me away in how well it performs, unicorn tears battery, and cool 3d pics and videos (short term use stuff is great).

Only disappointment is the camera quality in average to low light. It's about the same as it was before with some minor improvements. It still isn't nearly as good as the freakin iphone4's.

1fastmx5

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
It runs faster then my PC at home lol. It just damn works and fast at that. Maybe there are settings to help optimize the picture taking. I know with the TP2 there was tweaks to make it much better. I am still learning the Android system so i am not terribly familiar with it's tweaking abilities.

stillhere153

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
all the reviews I've read don't even mention the battery life. Must be real short term testing, in under 1 week the battery is blackberry like. And the screen (except when out in the sun) is beyond clear. And the 4 short cuts on the lock screen are the shiznit.... But at the same time these reviewers have also states that the first 3d phone on the market is the LG phone which isn't even out yet.. so go figure, they're hating on htc...

as for the camera, seems to me that the lighting just needs to be perfect for them to come out great

question I have is how come I can upload 3d pics to facebook but can't see them in 3d lol just 2 identical pics side by side lol

acf3passion

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
all the reviews I've read don't even mention the battery life. Must be real short term testing, in under 1 week the battery is blackberry like. And the screen (except when out in the sun) is beyond clear. And the 4 short cuts on the lock screen are the shiznit.... But at the same time these reviewers have also states that the first 3d phone on the market is the LG phone which isn't even out yet.. so go figure, they're hating on htc...

as for the camera, seems to me that the lighting just needs to be perfect for them to come out great

question I have is how come I can upload 3d pics to facebook but can't see them in 3d lol just 2 identical pics side by side lol

I just came from Blackberry and battery is nowhere NEAR 'Blackberry-like'. I miss full usage + going for 2-3 days with no charge and still have 15-25%.

I love the device and battery is acceptable for android.

svinyard

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
My bb curve didn't go 3 days with full usage....not even close man. I've been out of the blackberry game for about 3 yrs ago though.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I cam from a Blacberry last year to the EVO 4g.

Battery is def better on BB, but remember Android is almost twice as powerful as the Blackberrys and can do a hell of a lot more.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
well the person that started this thread is going from a Windows 6.5 device, common, no matter what Android phone he got he would be happy, and especially one of the best android phones. As for me the phone is great but I just can't stand any of these ****ty skins like Sense so I think I will be switching back to the Nexus.

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I just came from Blackberry and battery is nowhere NEAR 'Blackberry-like'. I miss full usage + going for 2-3 days with no charge and still have 15-25%.

I love the device and battery is acceptable for android.

However my BB couldn't do all that this phone can and does do. I have no issues with putting the phone on a charger in the car and every night like I do with any phone.

LexInHouston

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I agree. At first I had to admit that maybe I was a little biased because it was a new toy, but after almost a week and having all kinds of people check out my phone and agreeing with me, this phone is great. I really can't think of any *personal* qualms I have with it. I'm not huge in photography so I think the camera is pretty good, and the screen is horrible in direct sunlight, but those issues really don't affect me at all so again, personally I have nothing negative to say about it at the moment.

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
If you're "huge into photography" you get a proper camera. Cameraphones are still full of compromise in the name of convenience.

svinyard

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Don't get me wrong though...the 3d camera is far from gimmick. It's useful, fun and provides a very cool experience for my cell phone pics. The big draw back of the 3d is that you can't use it for long periods of time. If you are hair watching a quick movie or looking through some 3d pics then its not even a big deal. Sure I don't have another device that has this but all of my friends and more importantly my wife has a 3d now.

Jace985

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, this phone is badass I think it comes down to if the reviewer wants 3D to succeed or not, whether they like 3d in general or not.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I compared photos with the 3D last night with the epic and its not even close. Samsung wins the camera war. I hope it improves in the next device....

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If you're "huge into photography" you get a proper camera. Cameraphones are still full of compromise in the name of convenience.

Camera phones are all about capturing the moment to save for later, not to do great photography. Look at instagram: It purposely ruins every photo it takes for some reason, but people seem to love it. That pretty much proves phones aren't about taking pictures that will wow people.

svinyard

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I disagree. I really was hoping for a more functional camera. In lower light, sometimes the photos hardly even come out. I need my cam to capture this stuff at a reaturant or party you know?

Next year we should see this quality wide spread. I'm guessing the next iPhone is going to make a really really nice cam/video device. I'll never own one but its kind of up their ally hardware wise.

1fastmx5

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

That is what the EVO 3D does. It actually takes 2 pictures and displays then on your Evo 3D's 2 layered screens. The reason your Facebook shows them as two pictures is because there is no way to display it on the two layered screens.

acf3passion

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Stop being defensive about the camera. I LOVE the phone but the camera is not just subpar, but sucks compared to iPhone and Samsung.

Personally, I couldn't wait until cell phone cams get good enough so I don't always carry a separate compact camera. But E3D's cam is unacceptable for that.

Don't say, 'Get a real cam then.' I'm a professional wedding photographer with a full fleet of DSLR and lenses. You can never have enough cameras.

Don't be a fanboy and be defensive about it, accept it that it sucks.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
well the person that started this thread is going from a Windows 6.5 device, common, no matter what Android phone he got he would be happy, and especially one of the best android phones. As for me the phone is great but I just can't stand any of these ****ty skins like Sense so I think I will be switching back to the Nexus.

ADW?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463