Texts showing out of order

Hizzle

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having this problem? When I txt someone and they txt me back in the same minute it puts their txt on top of mine, showing as if their txt was first?

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This happened happened on my 4G too. Just something you will learn to accept.
Im sure its more of a Sprint thing than a phone thing though. Just the way it processes the traffic.

Kind of like how the time stamps get screwed up when roaming.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Weird, never happened on my my 4G...not sure I want to get used to that.

then you never really paid attention to it or something. I have 2 evos and I seen it plenty of times.
IMO its a non issue. If two people text at one time, I am sure there is a way the sprint network chooses to deliver and it might not be in the order you like. Just the way things go sometimes

I always set my phones to use network time, so maybe that is why I saw it and yours sets to manual time or something?

mylgt1

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine does this as well, drives me nuts! My Palm Pre or any other phone I had put them in order they were sent/recieved this is my first android phone so is this an Android thing?

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible that your phone is roaming while receiving texts? Sometimes I get texts with timestamps ~4 hours in the future, and I know my phone roams a lot where I work. The timestamps is what makes my texts out of order.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This typically happens while texting while roaming and is almost always a network issue.

It may go unnoticed on some phones because they simply display texts in order received. When switching to a phone that lists the texts based on timestamp, it becomes an "issue."

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Yea i'm using the stock SMS. Don't really like any of the other ones out there. I have all my settings to default.

For some reason the stock sms was giving me problems also ... When I would try to view a particular sms it would kick me back out after about half a second ... It did this continually ... I ended up installing handcent sms ... It works for now.

Edit: I actually just looked through ALL the settings for the stock sms and it is very limited ... You really can't change anything ... It basically just sends and receives without any customizing preferences ... It's pretty sad.

Last edited:

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
This is an HTC issue. I have only had it happen to me when I owned the Hero and the EVO 4G. I have never had an issue with text messages being timestamped incorrectly when roaming with any other non HTC phone. You can stop it by switching the network to Sprint only. This way the phone won't roam and the messages won't be timestamped incorrectly.

franky_402

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
It seemed like this started happenning since gb on my evo and now on the 3d its constantly, shouldnt have to use other messaging apps to use the text messaging feature on a 600 dollar multimedia phone.. And I dont wanna hear anybody calling me an ifagboy or anything like that I didnt say im returning my phone for an ifail, I think it just needs to be addressed!!!

monkeyzero

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
This is an HTC issue. I have only had it happen to me when I owned the Hero and the EVO 4G. I have never had an issue with text messages being timestamped incorrectly when roaming with any other non HTC phone. You can stop it by switching the network to Sprint only. This way the phone won't roam and the messages won't be timestamped incorrectly.

Actually its not an HTC issue. My wifes EPIC does the same thing. It's a sprint thing.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Actually its not an HTC issue. My wifes EPIC does the same thing. It's a sprint thing.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
My Nexus S doesn't do it. If it were Sprint, I would surely have the same issue, but I don't. Nor have I seen it with any of the blackberrys and palm pres that I have had.

Gstringbass

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
My biggest issue with the texts is when it says the text was sent about 8 hours in the future so the phone is constantly notifying me of the same text. very very very annoying!!!!!

steveapos

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I've had this issue on both my EVO4G and my EVO3D, I definitely think it's something with the stock HTC messaging app. I've actually stopped using the stock app because it has a few bugs in it (especially on the OG EVO). If you don't want to turn off roaming you can switch to Handcent SMS and all the issues seem to vanish, even when the messages are time stamped incorrectly they are placed in the proper order.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech