heat normal?

Jc3

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
my phone seems to get pretty hot... just wondering if this is something i should be concerned about or if it's normal? i bought it at amazon wireless so who would i go thru for tech support if it is a problem? sprint? amazon? HTC? i'm guessing sprint.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
my phone seems to get pretty hot... just wondering if this is something i should be concerned about or if it's normal? i bought it at amazon wireless so who would i go thru for tech support if it is a problem? sprint? amazon? HTC? i'm guessing sprint.

How hot is hot?

LuckyLucky

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been experiencing the same problem. For me, it's the upper-half of the phone that can get extremely hot. Almost too hot to touch.

I think I might have to exchange this phone.

BigdaddyK361

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Ive had my phone in my pocket the last couple days at work and somehow my camera gets activated and i only notice because of the extreme heat in my pocket.... thats the only time it gets hot for me... wish my camera wouldnt activate in my pocket it killed my battery yesterday

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Ive had my phone in my pocket the last couple days at work and somehow my camera gets activated and i only notice because of the extreme heat in my pocket.... thats the only time it gets hot for me... wish my camera wouldnt activate in my pocket it killed my battery yesterday

How does your camera activate in your pocket?, the only way the button works is with a long press when the phone is unlocked I think

creektrack

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
How does your camera activate in your pocket?, the only way the button works is with a long press when the phone is unlocked I think

He probly has a shortcut on one of his homescreens and accidently unlocks it and hits the camera app...I did it all the time with my 4G...

Oh, and I've seen mine get to 107 degrees so far...

BigdaddyK361

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
What are you taking a picture of in your pocket? ;)
LoL honestly it hasnt actually TAKEN a picture, the camera is just on and running... and who knows for how long before i notice my pocket get hot(I work outside in south texas so its hot anyway). But yea so im not sure how my camera gets activated but its the only thing i have seen when i pull it out and my screen is on... its weird. I do have a shortcut however on the lock screen(I think its there standard)

techh10

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
the heat is from the processor, my evo would heat up too, its just the processor in these phones are getting more and more powerful every month and they are keeping same to smaller depth, passive cooling can only do so much...becareful thou because the heat can reduce battery preformance

jrojas12

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Overheating is an issue Sprint is aware of. My first E3 overheated and died. No problems so far with my second one.

l2gbrian

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
help please

hey guys new to the android left the iphone and so far I am super happy with the evo 3d and dont miss the iphone at all anyways my question is my evo 3d runs at about 30-35c temp wise and it'll get up to tbe highest I have seen it at was about 43c thats pretty high up there. So the question is, is it normal to be at the temps of 30-35c while at idle? and 43c when its working it does get a little warm. Please let me know guys

androidpirate

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
LoL honestly it hasnt actually TAKEN a picture, the camera is just on and running... and who knows for how long before i notice my pocket get hot(I work outside in south texas so its hot anyway). But yea so im not sure how my camera gets activated but its the only thing i have seen when i pull it out and my screen is on... its weird. I do have a shortcut however on the lock screen(I think its there standard)

same thing happened to me too, felt the phone getting really hot in my front pocket, took it out to find the camera open. dunno know why that would happen when the proximity sensor should leave the screen off. i've also noticed the phone getting warm at random times when all I was doing was using the internet w/4G, over 100 F.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21