iPhone convert ... how do I move my iTunes Playlists?

Big_Al#AC

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I have thousands of songs in my library (yeah way too many CDs dating from the 80s :) ) ... anyway ... I have a number of custom playlists that I need to preserve.

What is the easiest (or not easiest if it is more secure) way of transfering my playlists from iTunes to my new EVO 3D?

By the way ... I am LOVING the convert to android!!

Thanks in advance,
Al

Edit to add ... paying for an app is NOT a problem if it works by the way !!

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
get google music! seamless itunes integration. When you sync your music it will preserve your playlists.

you can also try an app like doubletwist

Big_Al#AC

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks...only concern I have about Google Music is I have thousands of songs (will it handle it). And I need something I can play straight from my phone as I travel overseas a lot so need the songs on my phone (and not the cloud since data access is NOT a given in most countries).

Al

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
You can upload all music to the cloud and check the ones you want to be able to hear offline. Try it, I just did and it is quite amazing

sent from my OG EVO

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Google music is awesome.

But, if you want that "itunes" feel, Doubletwist is very similar to itunes and syncs easily with itunes. They also have a "cloud" (Paid) option.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have almost 4000 songs in google music and it handles it like a beast. Longest part is getting it all uploaded. On my internet, with having the computer turned off a few times for a couple hours a peice, it took about 2 days to upload everything. Def worth it.

Sent from my 3D EVOlution

Nilson13

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I use double twist and I couldn't be happier. I highly recommend it and the air sync is pretty cool too, but that cost like 3 or 4 bucks. If you want the same experience of itunes then you will feel right at home with double twist. I want to give Google Music a spin though, just because I get to have everything in the cloud.

kuhawksr1

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I use both doubleTwist and Google Music. Happy with them both. DT is for the songs I really want in memory on the device just in case I'm in the middle of the lake with no access to the cloud. AirSync gets them there with hardly any effort on my part (after initial configuration). Music is awesome, give me access to my entire library from any device connected to the cloud. If you really want the songs on the device, DT is your answer. Integrates with iTunes and Android very nicely.

Big_Al#AC

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys ... going to grab DoubleTwist and give it a try.

I will also do the Google Music thing as a backup approach.

Thanks again :)

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Cloud music + BT stream = epic win
b8ce4360-baee-575c.jpg

sent from my OG EVO

Big_Al#AC

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion Smgoma ... got DoubleTwist installed already and it seems to be working perfectly; eg, syncing my music and playlists as I type :)

Al

iEd

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I have thousands of songs in my library (yeah way too many CDs dating from the 80s :) ) ... anyway ... I have a number of custom playlists that I need to preserve.

What is the easiest (or not easiest if it is more secure) way of transfering my playlists from iTunes to my new EVO 3D?

By the way ... I am LOVING the convert to android!!

Thanks in advance,
Al

Edit to add ... paying for an app is NOT a problem if it works by the way !!

I just started using Tunesync om Android Market I think it a great app syn your playlist via wifi. The have a free version you can try out the full version is 4.99. I had to manually put in my Macs IP address and it synced flawlessly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech