Multi picture wallpaper

bronzfinga

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Tried searching and could not get a definitive answer...

A new android user, former bb. Downloaded the app and it has let me changed my lockscreen but does not set up different wallpapers, only sets up 1 wallpaper. I did choose 7 screens and selected pics. any help is appreciated and any suggestions welcome especially on apps to download

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
First you have to use an alternative launcher like Launcher Pro or ADW Launcher ... Press Menu > Wallpaper > Live Wallpaper > MultiPicture Wallpaper > Settings > Screen 1 Setting > Picture Source >Single Picture > (wait till it loads) >Gallery > Pick the Picture > Crop Picture > Fit to full screen > (back arrow) Screen 2 (and repeat) > Screen 3 (and repeat) etc > Back arrow > Set Wallpaper > Done.

Reactions: bronzfinga

bronzfinga

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Is there any app that can do the same w/o switching launchers? While I have noticed a different launcher may allow the most customization, is it something that can damage the phone? Would rather stick to sense as I'm unsure if it would be over kill to change for just the wallpaper.

Then again I would be able to do some serious cosmetic changes...any specific way to go about changing? Any guides out there.

Bear with me, not too tech savvy

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The two launchers I suggested are the top two alternative launchers out there but there are many others including Launcher 7 which I use in conjunction with ADW ... The launchers have been around and REALLY stable and the customizing is basically unlimited ... HTC Sense 3.0 really stopped playing nice with many other customizing apps not allowing them to work with it ... Thats why HTC has SO many widgets and are now recruiting Devs to write apps specifically for Sense ... You can try one of the other launchers along with Sense to see what you like ... Once your launchers are set up they don't go away so you can switch between them on the fly ... If you have more than one launcher installed it will ALWAYS give you the option of which one to go to until you set the one you want for default ... Even then you can change the default at anytime also ... Oh and as far as damaging the phone ... ABSOLUTELY NOT ... Oh go here for some great screen shots on what your phone could look like : Post your Home Screen **BE APPROPRIATE** - Page 3534 - xda-developers TIP: This is a link to the last page ... Start there and work your way backwards ... I am sure you will think twice about Sense after seeing some of these.

bronzfinga

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Your right.

Im going to go back through and take notes on some of those widgets/launchers, see who I'll end up installing.

So is installing ADW/LP the same as an app? or is there some process to having it run smoothly i.e. settings, certain apps, etc

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Your right.

Im going to go back through and take notes on some of those widgets/launchers, see who I'll end up installing.

So is installing ADW/LP the same as an app? or is there some process to having it run smoothly i.e. settings, certain apps, etc

Just think of ADW or LP as your UI like Sense ... Once you install them they act EXACTLY like Sense on your phone ... Kind of like Motorola's Moto Blur or Samsungs Touchwiz UI ... Its a skin that goes over stock android ... Another GREAT looking UI would be SPB Mobile Shell ($15 Android Market) ... Once you install all of these like you would install any app ... You press the home button and it will give you the option of which Home Launcher you want to use ... Once you check the default option the Home Screen that you choose will be the only one that it runs until you go into the App Manager and clear the default ... Then you can choose any one again.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Your right.

BTW : This was one of my Homescreen designs using ADW and some other specialty apps when I had my Evo 4G:

Entertainment Screen
screen%201.png

Home Screen
screen%202.png

Calendar/Schedules Screen
screen%203.png

Music Screen
screen%204.png

bronzfinga

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Nice! Digg your music screen...actually had a idea of something similar but with all those minimal apps in mind.

How would I change the dock to something similar to yours