Has anyone else received repeat notifications when only one item came through? when I check the notifications bar there is only 1 new item. However, i hear it several times through the day / night. About every 30 min. Its the same sound notification i have set for email. I have not found an option that would control this.
    07-02-2011 02:15 AM
    What email app are you using? Gmail app only notifies once and it's push... I believe ActiveSync is also push and should only notify you once. Are you using something else then it maybe notifies you every time it refreshes mail server (is your sync time 30 min?)
    07-02-2011 03:00 AM
    Maybe you are hearing when your phone switches to roaming it makes the same noise as if you were getting a text. You can shut it off it is very annoying
    07-02-2011 04:13 AM
    Thanks for your responses. I'm using the built in Mail application for my Yahoo. I an set to Sprint only service.
    07-02-2011 08:41 AM
    Try using push mail instead of pop/imap It might be notifying you every time it checks the pop and sees 'new message unread' from the server.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    07-02-2011 11:44 AM
    Try using push mail instead of pop/imap It might be notifying you every time it checks the pop and sees 'new message unread' from the server.

This is exactly what it is doing. I think this is a bug in Android. This is another reason why I need to officially switch from Yahoo to Gmail.
    07-12-2011 01:02 PM
    Tell yahoo to forward all email to a gmail account and tell gmail to use yahoo as default outgoing

07-12-2011 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD