Charging Issues?

JDabney

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have had my Evo 3D since launch and I love the phone, but I notice that when I charge the phone till the light turns green and my battery gets to 100% that if I leave it plugged in the battery does not stay charged at 100%. Does anyone else experience this? It's a bit annoying because I like to have my battery fully charged when I wake up the next day, not to unplug my phone and start at a 95% or below charge. Thanks!

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
If its anything like the Evo 4G charging system the phone stops charging once it is completely charge when it is plugged in .

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
It will be a mixture of the phone stopping its charge at 100% and a bug in the battery percentage widget you are using.

Sent from my Inspiration

FrostyGTA

May 30, 2011
Visit site
It will be a mixture of the phone stopping its charge at 100% and a bug in the battery percentage widget you are using.

Sent from my Inspiration

This. If you were to unplug the charger for a minute then plug it back in it'll start charging for a decent amount of time after that.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If its anything like the Evo 4G charging system the phone stops charging once it is completely charge when it is plugged in .

Actually, it's better than the 4G. The 3D charges to 100% then allows itself to discharge to 95-96% and then charges back up to 100%. If you're unplugging it and it isn't at 100%, you are just at one of the lower spots in the charge cycle.

If you want to see this for yourself, download Battery Monitor Widget from the market as it provides some nice graphs and data recorded about the battery.

cib227

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
My 3D has been plugged in for about 10.5 hrs.... I hv 3 battery widgets too see which was better and they all say 89%... I can't break into the 90s or even get near the 100% charged battery.....

Any ideas m, is it user error or something else?