Email syncing issue

FrostyGTA

May 30, 2011
Visit site
So I have my Comcast email set up through the mail program. I have the scheduled update every 10 minutes for both peak and non peak times/settings. Well sometimes I get notified right away and other times I don't, sometimes it'll go well over an hour without syncing. I didn't have this issue prior to a hard reset(to resolve a battery issue).

Any ideas guys? My yahoo and gmail seem to notify me right away but the "mail" program that my Comcast is set up on is sketchy.

ceejcooke

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
First time poster - find the info here fantastic. Thanks to all the regulars for the great info.

I am having the same issue. The phone is syncing most accounts every few minutes as it is set to do, but my mail accounts are not. I have 2 AOL accounts and 6 business accounts that are on different platforms and the problem affects them all. My mail is currently set for peak hours all days, 12:01am to 11:59pm and 5 minute syncs and yet sometimes I go hours without a sync.

My wife has an EVO 3-D also and the same issues. Tried to reset and to re-install accounts without success. Seems to be a bug. Anyone have a work-around that fixes this? To me, this is a MAJOR issue as I rely heavily on my email.

iEd

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm a newbie with HTC and Android but could it be the Accounts and Sync settings have to be set to Auto Sync? I'm not certain though.

PhoneJunkie

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps it's not an issue with the phone. Could be your email provider. Yahoo mail had a problem syncing and they fixed it. Also make sure in the power settings that you don't have power efficiency checked, it also stops auto sync.

ceejcooke

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I don't think it is a provider issue though. I use three different providers and if I sync manually it always works for all accounts. Plus each account shows the last time synced and one on a provider might be up to date while another is saying no sync for hours.

FrostyGTA

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Bumping this back up in case people have ideas, it's very sporadic in it's syncing even though it's set to update every 10 minutes.

Pookela

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Having the same problem with my hotmail account. Worked perfectly for the first couple of days, but now it's random...sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I deleted/added the account a couple of times to see if that helped but it didn't. Very frustrating.

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Having same issue with gmail... And my pop mail account will sometimes stop an outbound email and require a settings confirmation before sending. Also a sporadic issue. Hopefully its a simple setting somewhere since I'm an android newbie (and loving it his thing.)

htc_prep

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
sounds like to me if you have your phone set to a constant sync and you verified user name an password are correct and menu>settings>accounts and sync is set to where it should be and youve removed the account from said menu option and readded, and hard reset your phone AND its doing the same thing ...

then... MY next suggestion to be would be to call sprint and get your msl. after you get that type in ##3282#. enter the msl into the password> push edit mode> push on data profile> push menu> hit restore then wait for your phone to reboot. allow for the device to activate and go thru the prl update and firmware update. then menu>settings>system updates> update data profile.

the reason i say follow those steps because if there is congestion in your data pipe it will slow/ stop the performance. kind of like kinking the water hose in your yard.

then i would download k-9 and dump all your email accounts there and remove them off the stock email app

but thats just me.

FrostyGTA

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Bumping this back up, I haven't tried this suggestion yet, been super busy but I figured I would bump it in case other people are having this issue and want to try it out.

FrostyGTA

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Just tried it, seems like it did the trick so far, I sweat talked the tech rep at Sprint and she gave up the # right away....sweeeeet, thanks for the tip!