Request: Video/picture of a "perfect" Evo 3D

Addonex

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I am beginning to doubt that anyone has a "perfect" (I mean no flaws, i.e. light leakage, yellow tint, green tint on camera pics, wobbly switch, sensitive power button) Evo 3D. If anyone on these forums has one, I would really like to see pics/videos showing that it does not have it (mostly interested in no light leakage pic, because every store I have been to has this issue). I would appreciate this because I would begin to have hope again (I'm on my 3rd Evo and all of them have had this issues, so I am beginning to lose hope) I will say that each one gets marginally better, this one has no yellow tint and the switch is not as lose as the others (but it still has extreme light leakage and the speaker sounds blown) Even in the review from Phil he admits it has light leakage and a wobbly switch (to me this is a problem)

Anyways, thanks ahead of time to anyone who will take the time to post a picture and/or video.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
The speaker phone speaker is not as loud as the EVO 4g. That is the only issue I have. Where do you get light leakage? Oh wait, the stock browser closes on It's own. No error, just closes. Rarely does it. The problem I have is do to me. I had the zagg put on. Then ended up getting a otterbox. Now I have bubbles on the screen. I cannot get the otterbox off to take the zagg off.

No switch issues. No light leakage that I have noticed. No color tint to the screen or camera. No hardware issues at all.

I was worried about it through. It wasn't until my 3rd EVO 4g did everything work right. Seems like I got one first try this time. I cannot get this otterbox off to show you the switches but I Will try the light issue. I suppose it would be by the buttons

Last edited:

strat1227

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm still on my first one, I dunno if mine has relative tint to yours (I'm not sure how one would define the default for something like that ...) but I haven't noticed any of the issues you pointed out in the OP or elsewise

What kind of pictures/video would you like? I'll try to accommodate :)

Addonex

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm still on my first one, I dunno if mine has relative tint to yours (I'm not sure how one would define the default for something like that ...) but I haven't noticed any of the issues you pointed out in the OP or elsewise

What kind of pictures/video would you like? I'll try to accommodate :)

A few questions, where did you buy yours and when? Also the tint I noticed after comparing two of them (one has clearly white whites and other has yellow whites)

The picture im looking for is looking down the screen at the capacitive buttons without light leak.

strat1227

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Bought mine June 25th at a Best Buy full store (not a mobile stand-alone)

My whites seem pure when held against my Samsung LCD computer monitor, but as I said I'm not holding it next to another 3vo or anything.

Tried to accommodate as best I could, my camera is pretty crappy (I usually use my phone camera xD)

Let me know if you want another pic :)

strat1227

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Right, well it would appear my attachments didn't take.

Here are some embeds instead!

Color comparison
Zi6_0589.JPG

Leak Angles
Zi6_0591.JPG

Zi6_0592.JPG

Addonex

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Bah I wish I was as lucky as you, how much for yours :p

Thanks though, this gives me more hope. :)

Edit: Can you tell me which hardware revision you have?

anckentucky

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I think the reason your seeing so many complaints is because people use youtube and forums for problem solving more than they do to "praise" how amazing the phone really is when everything is working. Also when more people write about their nit-picking problems then you begin to look for them, you tend to notice things you didn't catch beforehand. It's not as widespread as it seems I promise you. I don't have either of mine yet, and if one of them has a problem and I can deal with it I will, if it needs returning I will. It's no big deal.

strat1227

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Bah I wish I was as lucky as you, how much for yours :p

Thanks though, this gives me more hope. :)

Edit: Can you tell me which hardware revision you have?

Haha if I knew how to tell I'd be glad to :p

Model number is PG86100, I assume that's what you'd need to figure that out

deejaycrash

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine is almost perfect.. I wouldn't have even noticed it, but the only flaw I can find is that my screen is slightly askew, and the only reason I know is because someone else complained about an off-center screen... No light leaks, and no soft / hardware issues... Yet.

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
I think people honestly complain too much.

A wobbly switch!?! Seriously. Get over it.

I'll laugh if on day 29 you find your perfect phone with zero flaws at all and then 3 days later you drop it on concrete!

I have no hardware issues aside from light leakage on the bottom when I'm in a pitch black room. Not enough to make me even remotely care to return the phone. That's dumb!

I'm content with the device I have in hand.

strat1227

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Considering the price of these things, and the fact that you're basically stuck with them for years, I think it's reasonable to want one that's not defective right out of the box .... I personally am on my first one but if it had issues I wouldn't hesitate to get a different one.

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
I agree, I would want to exchange a defective device just as the next person would. But, a wobbly switch is far from a defective device. I would know. I have one. And it's not even wobbly. It clicks when you shake it with force. But again, far from defective.

And light leakage, on this device, is not a sign of a device being defective either. The screen isn't peeling up in any way. It's just a matter of the placement of the Lights. You could only see a slight haze when you're in a dark room anyways. Again, doesn't make the device defective.

People are just extremely anal about things.

You never know the worth of water, until the well is dry...

mcduffer

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Guess I'm lucky, no issues here. It's true people really nit-pick every single thing. My old EVO 4G had the screen lift but since I had a case on it and never noticed it with it on I didnt bother returning it.

jonwlewis#AC

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I had my EVO for over one year with not one problem, hardware or software. Now, I have the 3D. I am very happy with it in the shape I got it. I got it the day they came out at a Sprint store.

Sent from my blazing fast HTC EVO 3D!

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine through telesales and received it on 6/23 and have had no problems whatsoever. Believe me, it gets a lot of use. The thing I am most pleasantly surprised about is the 3D. I use it far more than I thought I would and the picture quality is excellent. I am not a professional so maybe I have issues I just don't know about but everyone I have shown has been impressed. Maybe I just got lucky but so far I have been extremely satisfied.

UndeadNexus

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Mine is perfect. My major problems went away over time (Lag, distorted pixels). The only flaw it has now is the wobbly switch (which really isn't that big a deal)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae