**LOOK UP HERE** Google Wallet is root/unlock sensitive.

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I had wallet set up also before I rooted but it still works. From what I've read it should not. Why?

I think the problem comes in to play when you do a full wipe (e. g. when unlocking the bootloader or before flashing a new ROM.) There is some debate on whether a factory reset or simply unlocking the bootloader will cause issues or not.
For now, I think it best to clear settings in wallet before doing anything of that nature until we have more definitive information or a proven work-around.

Can you guys please list where (retail Outlet/ device) you tried this and it worked

I used mine at a Rite Aid in the DC area.

Sent from my E4GLTE using Android Central Forums

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Any knew developments or discoveries? I have been a hermit lately and still haven't tested mine again.

guitarec

May 28, 2011
Visit site
So, I made sure I cleared out my Google Wallet settings as prescribed before rooting my shiney new EVO. All seems well, but when I open Wallet it gives me an "Unsupported Device" warning. Is this something seperate from the Secure Certificates issue?

Eric "GuitarEC"

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
so just that i understand this right... if i never open wallet before i root ... I should be fine??

Theoretically, you should be fine. I never opened mine before I rooted and unlocked and didn't have any problems setting it up and using it afterwards. The people that have experienced problems are those that set it up, then rooted, unlocked, and maybe flashed a ROM without clearing settings first. If you read the thread over on XDA (I haven't visited it in a couple of days, so there may be more info), it seems to be hit-or-miss as to whether you'll brick the secure element or not.

Reactions: Not too sure

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Latest status after Google updated Wallet is that I can't even get past the EULA activation screen. I had previously reset Wallet. Then I updated it. And now I can't even get past the activation bit. It just sits there and clocks.

AFR_NY

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Now that Wallet is not working on the device, I can no longer inter the app to rest the app. If I clear data from the system info and disable this app, and then root the device, will the app function if/when it is working again?

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Now that Wallet is not working on the device, I can no longer inter the app to rest the app. If I clear data from the system info and disable this app, and then root the device, will the app function if/when it is working again?

I would use something like Root Explorer to go in system/app and also data/app and delete Google Wallet all together. But then again that might break it even more. I have kind of given up on it at this point.

sracercelica

May 14, 2010
Visit site

No, you have to go into the build.prop and change it to a supported device (like the S3) and then enter the app and clear within.

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
There seems to be a better fix than the build.prop method. It's a patch and I created another thread. It worked for me.

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Thank you, Google, for buying me McDonalds.

7488988100_3fdf7ce714_z.jpg

nikiva101

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I rooted before this issue came up, so when I go to wallet its says not supported. My question is, if I dont plan to use wallet, does it even matter?

yankele

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
If you are not planning to use G Wallet the you should be fine, if you rooted before the wallet was usable then you should be fine since it only affects it when you have set up GWallet and do a factory reset (as in rooting or flashing a new rom)

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Pew446

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I guess I am the luckiest person ever, because I rooted and forgot to clear Google Wallet.. guess what still works? And for the record, yes, I did use Google wallet when I was unrooted, and that happened to be today. No crashes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital