Rooted AND getting 4G?

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Anyone with a rooted EVO getting 4G service to show up? I'm in KC and a number of users have seen it live all over town, but I have yet to see it. I'm rooted and running Mean ROM.

Mophomania

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm on stock with goodies ROM, and I've seen glimpses of it here in northwest Fort Worth TX, but doesn't stay on long enough for me to run a speed test. My wife has the SGS III, stock not rooted and it shows the same. Just pops up 4G for a couple of seconds and jumps back to 3G. Annoying, but at least I know it will still at least attempt to connect. I did take the OTA update and rooted afterwards so I do have the new radios and firmware updates.

Update: still running stock with goodies 1.74, been on 4G on and off thru the Fort Worth TX area. Works pretty darn good. Just wish they'd turn on the towers close to me so I don't have to drive around looking for good data speeds.:cool:

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I'm good to go now and see 4G most of the time around the city, with the exception of right in the middle of Overland Park, but I'm assuming it'll be here really soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463