Evo 4G LTE 1.22.651.3 Root (EASY)

JCNH74

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Never mind. I found it. Disabled firewall and antivirus. I am having problems tethering though. My phone and laptop won't find eachother.

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm running windows 8. This is a brand new PC that I built and I installed Win8 because the release candidate is free and therefore I wouldn't have to buy another copy of windows 7. However, the HTC drivers do not work on windows 8 (it says drivers are not compatible with this operating system). Is there any way I could do this method on linux or something if I made a linux partition?

I'd appreciate any help or suggestions on this!

fngtruck

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I could really use some help!!!! I'm new to rooting. I had my evo 4g lte rooted when it was the 1.13.. for some dumb reason i updated to the new 1.22.651.3 710rd.. and i can not get it to root . i've seen some people say u need s-off and if im reading it write some people say it doesnt matter. well with the program im trying to use now it unlock the bootloader does everthing and fails the root at the end...(RegawMOD).. I unzip the file and I can't find the file i need to put into my sd. and how do i put that onto my sd ? when my phone is conected its a diskdrive only... idk HELP!!!!!!! lol THANKS!

Last edited:

fngtruck

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
i figured it out ...each time i would extract the zip file it would show the file i needed but i found it . and i figured out how to send stuff to my phone . thanks anyways

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I could really use some help!!!! I'm new to rooting. I had my evo 4g lte rooted when it was the 1.13.. for some dumb reason i updated to the new 1.22.651.3 710rd.. and i can not get it to root . i've seen some people say u need s-off and if im reading it write some people say it doesnt matter. well with the program im trying to use now it unlock the bootloader does everthing and fails the root at the end...(RegawMOD).. I unzip the file and I can't find the file i need to put into my sd. and how do i put that onto my sd ? when my phone is conected its a diskdrive only... idk HELP!!!!!!! lol THANKS!

Google search it. It's actually pretty easy. Someone posted the files needed for installation on a 64 bit machine. if you can't figure it out, PM me.

peblair

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
This method absolutely blows. Lost all my data and never got into recovery. This guy needs to find something better to do than to bring bogus rooting methods to a public forum. My two cents. Spare yourself and move on.

acromack

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Unlocking your bootloader will essentially perform a factory wipe (lose all data). And I'm pretty sure an unlocked bootloader is required for hboot 1.12+ (or whenever the update happened). Besides, the instructions say in big red letters to back up since you'll lose your data. Might help to read the entire post before starting something like this.

turbo000

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Okay thanks now all i need to do is to find the rom that i like

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

---------- Post Merged at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:57 AM ----------

---------- Post Merged at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:57 AM ----------

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This method absolutely blows. Lost all my data and never got into recovery. This guy needs to find something better to do than to bring bogus rooting methods to a public forum. My two cents. Spare yourself and move on.

You can't be serious

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

mushedroom#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
HELP!!!
so my bootloader is already unlocked.
i'm updated to 1.22.651.3 710RD

but i lost my root.

is there any way to RE-ROOT WITHOUT ERASING EVERYTHING?
I CAN'T back up with titanium because my root is gone.

PLEASE HELP!!!

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
HELP!!!
so my bootloader is already unlocked.
i'm updated to 1.22.651.3 710RD

but i lost my root.

is there any way to RE-ROOT WITHOUT ERASING EVERYTHING?
I CAN'T back up with titanium because my root is gone.

PLEASE HELP!!!

A unlocked bootloader is not rooted . Install a custom recovery and either flash superuser zip or flash a rooted rom

mushedroom#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
A unlocked bootloader is not rooted . Install a custom recovery and either flash superuser zip or flash a rooted rom

could you please help me figure out how to do this?
i'm a super noob.
so any help would be majorly appreciated.
fyi my bootloader is unlocked and my phone is listed as "tampered"

thank you

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
could you please help me figure out how to do this?
i'm a super noob.
so any help would be majorly appreciated.
fyi my bootloader is unlocked and my phone is listed as "tampered"

thank you

Go HERE this will do what you need just follow the instructions i think there is a video also

mushedroom#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Go HERE this will do what you need just follow the instructions i think there is a video also

thanks benny3 the only worry i have is that i think this wipes all data and i still need to back up my stuff..

but because my root is gone i can't use titanium back up.
do you have a good suggestion for a non-root back up prog?