Cyanogenmod10 nightlies

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Oh yea. Just watched a review on YouTube. Looks good. Smoother than the stock Rom.

The only problem I had was the video recording isnt hd and I don't know if the camera was 8mp. Didn't mention.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Oh yea. Just watched a review on YouTube. Looks good. Smoother than the stock Rom.

The only problem I had was the video recording isnt hd and I don't know if the camera was 8mp. Didn't mention.

Camera is 8 Mp, or at least that's the max setting in the menu. I believe video is at 720, not 1080. If the camera is really important, you might want to wait, or at least keep a Sense nand handy for when you know you're going to want the best quality shots.

kennethbring

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Been running it for about 8 hours now. This ROM is incredibly smooth. For an AOSP ROM running on a Sense based phone, it blows sense out of the water even. I would absolutely recommend it.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Camera is 8 Mp, or at least that's the max setting in the menu. I believe video is at 720, not 1080. If the camera is really important, you might want to wait, or at least keep a Sense nand handy for when you know you're going to want the best quality shots.

How come every custom asop Rom always has a problem with the camera and mms. Something has to give. Lol.

Anyone have any random reeboots or crashes. I use my phone as my primary alarm in the morning. That's probably why I hsvent rooted this phone yet besides the camera.

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
How come every custom asop Rom always has a problem with the camera and mms. Something has to give. Lol.

Anyone have any random reeboots or crashes. I use my phone as my primary alarm in the morning. That's probably why I hsvent rooted this phone yet besides the camera.

MMS has been working just fine for the last several builds. Cameras and their drivers are highly proprietary and have a lot of hooks in the OS, so it's not just a simple matter of porting an apk over. From what I understand it was months before the E3D even got a working camera, and I'm not sure they ever got 3D functionality.
As far as random reboots, none for me so far (I've been running this since the 8/3 build) and I use my phone as an alarm too. So far so good.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I've been running this ROM since the 8/20 release and it's been rock solid. I am on the 8/27 release now and it seems to have fixed a few minor bugs and is still very solid. Today is day 8 on this ROM and all functionality seems to be in place. Definitely a daily driver!

Klotera

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been running this ROM since the 8/20 release and it's been rock solid. I am on the 8/27 release now and it seems to have fixed a few minor bugs and is still very solid. Today is day 8 on this ROM and all functionality seems to be in place. Definitely a daily driver!

Have you been able to try Netflix? I was on it a week or so ago and Netflix wasn't working. I'm mainly waiting for Netflix and MLB At Bat video to work then it should be my daily driver. I'm assuming video in MLB at Bat was broken for the same reason as Netflix.

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

From what I understand, the build that deck has linked in the OP of his CM10 thread and in IRC is more advanced than what is on CM right now. I assume Deck has done some work on it that has not been merged with CM code yet. If the 8/27 nightly works for you, I'd take a "if it's not broke, don't try to fix it" attitude and let things settle out. Or you could keep up with decks builds until everything converges into the nightlies and go from there.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
From what I understand, the build that deck has linked in the OP of his CM10 thread and in IRC is more advanced than what is on CM right now. I assume Deck has done some work on it that has not been merged with CM code yet. If the 8/27 nightly works for you, I'd take a "if it's not broke, don't try to fix it" attitude and let things settle out. Or you could keep up with decks builds until everything converges into the nightlies and go from there.

I used goo manager to pull the latest build. However, goo manage pulls ICS gapps so be careful if you use goo manager. I had to reflash the ROM with the JB gapps to get everything working properly. The 8/27 build seems to have a few minor fixes in it, but same stability as the 8/20 ROM.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok, somethings not right here. TWRP: Factory reset, wipe caceh, wipe dalvik, wipe system, install CM10, install gapps. Reboot. HTC Splash screen.. then black screen... and it doesn't go anywhere.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok, somethings not right here. TWRP: Factory reset, wipe caceh, wipe dalvik, wipe system, install CM10, install gapps. Reboot. HTC Splash screen.. then black screen... and it doesn't go anywhere.

Instead of wiping, try flashing the superwipe, then flash the rom, then flash gapps. I have attached the superwipe zip file. Also, what version of hboot are you on? Are you s-off or s-on?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Figured it out. Was the Hboot 1.15 problem. Had to manually flash the boot.img. Up and running.

welcome-back-kotter.jpg

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Use the fastboot method. I don't know about that other stuff. I live by fastboot. For everything.

I love my phone again. This SITH is smooth.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Son of a MOTHER! I unplugged my phone and forgot to unmount the SD Card. I lost all my pictures and videos from before.

Of course the one time I didn't back them up to the computer first would be the time this actually happens in real life.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Son of a MOTHER! I unplugged my phone and forgot to unmount the SD Card. I lost all my pictures and videos from before.

Of course the one time I didn't back them up to the computer first would be the time this actually happens in real life.

Ahhh man that blows! Wish I had some cool techie solution to give you, but I don't...

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Ahhh man that blows! Wish I had some cool techie solution to give you, but I don't...

Yea, it's gone. I'm really pissed about that. I mean. I can't really think of any good pictures I did take. I have some of them backed up because a lot were from my old phone. I'm just pissed I wasted that time getting them from the phone to the SD Card.

Now that I think of it most of the important ones I have uploaded on Google and Facebook and the videos are on youtube. So I guess it's not that big of a loss.

Edit: They aren't gone. The file system was just set up differently. I found them when going through my ES File explorer.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss