Can't use my phone Need Help!!!

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I wan't to be able to install a Jelly Bean ROM or any of the other sense based roms that are on the latest RUU, for that would I have to do the RUU thing on the pc and I was wondering if I was still rooted or not.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
no your not rooted you are back to factory stock, you will need to go through the Welcome to HTCdev again to unlock your bootloader and then install twrp again

you should not need to install sdk just use the fastboot and adb from the folder on your desktop

One more thing, get that PJ75IMG off your sdcard or rename it , if not it will want to update every time you enter the bootloader

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
If you still have my rom or the link flash that in recovery, that will give you root. then get this off the playstore FlashImage GUI it cost a dollar but it will flash the boot.img from the rom you want to flash. use the app to flash the boot.img before you flash the rom then you can go into recovery and flash the zip

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
put the rom on your sdcard, open the app flashimage gui and make sure the kernel image option is checked click the browse button find the rom you want to flash then click the flash image button. when its done it will ask if you want to reboot to recovery tell it yes. then in recovery install the rom and you should be good to go

mick3444

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to the evo and had one quick question. Do you need to have s-off to flash the jellybean roms that have been talked about? Or do you just need root and twrp installed?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to the evo and had one quick question. Do you need to have s-off to flash the jellybean roms that have been talked about? Or do you just need root and twrp installed?

You need to unlock the bootloader and install twrp and flash the rom. the rom will be rooted so no need to worry about root. But if your not s-off you will need to flash the boot.img with either fastboot or a third party app like FlashImage GUI from the playstore. Some roms will use a script that will flash it also