Evo 4G LTE Tethering only working on 3G

shadowkid717

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I am running viper ROM. Id like to know how to get LTE tethering working. Recently my LTE has been working, but my tether only works on 3G. Any way i can do this? Ive tried "foxfi" and a few other apps that didn't work. I am rooted.

Thanks for any suggestions.

shadowkid717

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Actually, i just upgraded my ROM from viper 1.0 to viper 2.2 and now LTE is not working at all, and 3G comes in and out. Not a happy camper, can never seem to get anything working 100% right as far as ROMs go.

shadowkid717

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Ha! click my siggy and give my rom a go

I installed your rom and I do like it, but am still having these 3g issues. it cuts out. When i restart the phone now it has no 3g or 1x or lte, then when i try to "update profile" the 3g will come back (the profile wont ever update). when i restart, no internet again. i dont know whats wrong with this now but this stuff happened on other roms too. very frustrated. I have no options and am sick of things not working. May switch back to an old flip phone and just give up.

shadowkid717

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Ha! click my siggy and give my rom a go

I really think my internet issues are related to towers in this area. LTE worked for a little bit now nothing.

Tried the wifi tether and on your rom i am UNABLE to view the settings for it. And i need to switch the mode to genericc ICS so it wont show up as a p2p tether. If i cannot access the settings menu in the tether ill have to install a different rom yet again. and i was just starting to like this rom.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I really think my internet issues are related to towers in this area. LTE worked for a little bit now nothing.

Tried the wifi tether and on your rom i am UNABLE to view the settings for it. And i need to switch the mode to genericc ICS so it wont show up as a p2p tether. If i cannot access the settings menu in the tether ill have to install a different rom yet again. and i was just starting to like this rom.
Are you doing a full wipe before flashing,and are you restoring anything? one possibility is to RUU back to stock and start fresh, i know its a pain but it does fix some issuses

scoot0073

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
But I did have to change settings to
Generic ICS/JB/wlan0.
Then the other devices would find and connect. Hope this helps

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2