Android drivers, HTC drivers, Windows 7 64bit drivers Help

fbird18

May 27, 2010
Visit site
As the title suggests, I'm having driver issues. I attempted to root my Evo LTE and in the process of getting drivers in order I seem to have changed some and deleted some :( I know, I'm an idiot. I know for the most part that drivers are simple but I am struggling to wrap my head around all this. Basically I would like to get all the drivers back to original/stock. I have searched for quite awhile on the internet and have not found what I need to make this happen. Can someone please help me? I don't know what the device manager list should look like when I plug my phone into the computer, or when i switch to disk drive mode on the phone how that changes what is seen in the device manager. I also need help with the proper way to update drivers with a file I've downloaded. I think that's where I screwed things up. Please any help is greatly appreciated. I'm trying to learn :)

If it would help I could take screen shots of what come's up when I'm connected to the computer.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Heres the HTC drivers, its a .exe so just double click it and it install the drivers you need
Link Removed

Last edited:

hickskov

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
hey benny, i downloaded and installed the driver softwre from the link you provided, do you know where by default it would install on my windows 7 64 bit, if i can find the driver location i can install manually from device manager, thanks

pakaloabob

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I am having a related problem, similar to the OP.
In my case, I do not see my device listed under Device manager when I plug it in. I did put the phone into recovery before inserting USB cable and I have tried several cables.
I have not tried to install the drivers linked in this post, but I have tried other methods - installing HTC sync.
I am running windows 7 ultimate.

hickskov

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
its a windows 7 home premium sp1 issue 64bit, i tried it at work and i just had to plug it in and it installed fine, def the OS, any known workarounds?

hickskov

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
hey benny i appreciate all the great feedback, i figured out my problem, hopefully it will solve others problems too. first make sure you plug it into 2.0 usb (black) not blue. not sure if it matters at this point but it helped me.

then make sure you you have usb debugging mode enabled

plug it in and wait, then from the top menu where you see the time and reception bars, drag the title bar down, click on the middle option between power save and usb debugging connected options (should be none or something like that) click to open that one

chose the middle setting again (USB) and select usb network settings, chose usb tethering

from there it all was super easy, just check my PC for your device, drag and drop from your pc into there

Wang Minh

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I've recently purchased a used HTC EVO 4g lte and the previous owner had alread rooted the device via mean bean 3.09. I attempted to unroot it by clicking full unroot on superSU, but my phone still shows mean bean and tampered after i turned it back on. If anyone could guide me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to unlock my HTC EVO 4G LTE.

I have tried installing the HTC drivers on my Windows 10 PC. In Windows Device Manager, the best identification I get is "My HTC" under "Android USB Devices."

When I connect the phone to the computer's USB, the best identification I get is "EVO". Often it says that the USB device is not recognized.

I have tried 3 different USB cables and 3 different USB ports on the PC, both USB 2.0 and 3.0.

I have tried uninstalling HTC Sync. I have FASTBOOT disabled on the phone's Settings, Power options. I have USB Debugging Enabled on the phone.

When I try to FASTBOOT oem Get_Identifier_Token, the only thing I see is "waiting for any device."

I have tried to use a utility called WinDroid Universal which automates the process. The furthest that gets is when trying to Get Token ID, it reboots the phone into FASTBOOT mode but it never gets to the FASTBOOT USB mode. It stops on the FASTBOOT screen on the phone. From there I can navigate using the phone's volume and power buttons only.

It never returns the TOKEN ID that I need to submit to the HTCDEV site in order to get the unlock code sent to me.

UPDATE: I solved this and unlocked the bootloader. This page gave good instructions http://forums.team-nocturnal.com/in...boot-in-windows-xp-7-81-10-updated-9-11-2015/

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude