new to rooting, guide to completely root and put on a mod?

andrewvig

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm an idiot I think. I rooted my EVO LTE and I went to go flash a rom using TWRP and realized that I was trying to use TWRP with hboot 1.19. Am i screwed here? Anybody know the best method to get to be able to load any image. I can still get to recovery and fastboot. At this point I'd be happy getting back to its original state pre-root even.

Thoughts? I appreciate all the help. Between AC and XDA I've learned enough to be dangerous.

Caleb Morris

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm an idiot I think. I rooted my EVO LTE and I went to go flash a rom using TWRP and realized that I was trying to use TWRP with hboot 1.19. Am i screwed here? Anybody know the best method to get to be able to load any image. I can still get to recovery and fastboot. At this point I'd be happy getting back to its original state pre-root even.

Thoughts? I appreciate all the help. Between AC and XDA I've learned enough to be dangerous.

Using TWRP is fine with 1.19. I have 1.19, and I don't have any problems with TWRP.

andrewvig

May 18, 2010
Visit site
i wonder what I'm doing wrong then. It just spools when I install the rom and it reboots. I let it sit there for a long time too.

64mosh

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
i wonder what I'm doing wrong then. It just spools when I install the rom and it reboots. I let it sit there for a long time too.

You have to flash the boot image how you do it is extract boot.img from the ROM zip file into the fastboot folder and open cmd prompt and put phone into fastboot type in "fasrboot flash boot boot.IMG" hit enter plug in your phone and when its done type in "fastboot reboot" and you should be able to boot up
Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Caleb Morris

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
And if you don't know how to flash fastboot, take a look at my earlier post and click the second link. It gives directions on how to fastboot

andrewvig

May 18, 2010
Visit site
You have to flash the boot image how you do it is extract boot.img from the ROM zip file into the fastboot folder and open cmd prompt and put phone into fastboot type in "fasrboot flash boot boot.IMG" hit enter plug in your phone and when its done type in "fastboot reboot" and you should be able to boot up

Thank you. I'm trying to flash the boot.img and i'm not having a whole lot of luck. I tried it on my PC but I can't get the drivers to launch so I go to my mac and the command returns "no such directly" when i type ./fastboot-mac flash boot boot.img

Here is the whole line to show the directory: Drews-MacBook-Pro:cm-10-20121207-nightly-jewel DrewVig$ ./fastboot-mac flash boot boot.img

64mosh

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I did get it but in the process my internal memory is not seeming to work. Can't do anything related to pictures or camera due to "no external storage"

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Go to recovery there is a option "mount"
Mount internal storage and then hit the "usb mount" and on your pc will come up that you have to format your disc. So format it and you should be good to go!

andrewvig

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Go to recovery there is a option "mount"
Mount internal storage and then hit the "usb mount" and on your pc will come up that you have to format your disc. So format it and you should be good to go!

Is it too personal to say i love you?

64mosh

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Is it too personal to say i love you?

Kind of lol
The thing is that I figured all this out last night the hard way when I rooted for the first time. But I'm good now and I'm happy that I could help out !