In CM10, GPS does not hold the signal in Navigation! Any fixes?

donrhummy

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I've been using CM10 for about 4-5 days on an HTC Evo 4G LTE (and tried reflashing gapps and CM10) and I've come across the following problem:

1. When I start Navigation, it takes a long time to get a lock
2. It holds the lock for about 2-3 minutes at most and then loses signal (never did this with HTC Sense)

I've got the "use internal" checked.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a fix?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been using CM10 for about 4-5 days on an HTC Evo 4G LTE (and tried reflashing gapps and CM10) and I've come across the following problem:

1. When I start Navigation, it takes a long time to get a lock
2. It holds the lock for about 2-3 minutes at most and then loses signal (never did this with HTC Sense)

I've got the "use internal" checked.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a fix?
You might get a better answer asking the dev or in the thread where you downloaded it

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I wont run cm on anything i have buts thats just me

i dont think CyanogenMod supports the LTE officially , im like you i dont know why

donrhummy

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Kushdeck makes builds that are on get.cm (as well as xda), i don't know why the LTE isn't showing up as supported. Here's the xda link:
[12-4-12][ROM] CM10 for the evoLTE! - butta! - xda-developers

Thanks for the link but I don't feel comfortable putting on software (ROM or otherwise) that's just posted in a forum. I prefer an established, trusted source like CM's official get.cm. Do you know where I can find a list of things working/not working in each nightly version by CM?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the link but I don't feel comfortable putting on software (ROM or otherwise) that's just posted in a forum. I prefer an established, trusted source like CM's official get.cm. Do you know where I can find a list of things working/not working in each nightly version by CM?

Kushdeck is a well known developer in the world of android and is very well trusted. He even works with CM on thier development

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
If you prefer, CyanogenMod Downloads. The only difference between this and the xda builds are that the xda builds are updated less frequently, but deck fixes the xda builds first, and than later merges the fixes into cm's github tree. (a bot churns out the cm nightlies, regardless of actual fixes submitted)
Kushdeck is a well known developer in the world of android and is very well trusted. He even works with CM on thier development
+1. Deck is a well known and trusted developer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze