Putting a rom on the phone

Brian N

May 31, 2013
Visit site
So I rooted my phone earlier today with the intent of flashing it with the cyanogenmod rom. I read all the instructions and thought I had read everything I could on it, only to find out once I had it installed that the touch screen would not work because I have the latest version of the firmware, or something like that. I put JellyBAM afterward only to find out that I would have the same problem. I've downloaded other HTC stock roms, tried to install them through twrp only for them to fail. In order to install CM I had to flash the kernel, which I did in command prompt through fastboot using the boot.img file in the rom. I feel like that made a major change, but I don't know how to revert back to the right kernel, and everytime I try to do it in this same way with the stock roms it fails. I'm at a loss as to what to do and I'm hoping someone here can help me. At this point, I don't care what is on the phone, I just want it to work. This phone is not even a month old and it's driving me nuts that I got it to this point only to be hit with a brick wall seemingly everywhere. I've looked at the process to do the S-OFF thing on unlimited.io but I don't have a linux machine and can't really figure out how to make it work, and from the instructions I've read it seems like I couldn't get it to work anyway since I have. I tried doing that LiveCD thing but couldn't get it to work. Is there any way for me to fix this without having to go through this method, or am I out of luck unless I figure that out?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
You can run a RUU which will put the phone back to factory stock and start from scratch again if you choose to do so.
Go here and download the latest RUU , which looks to be the bottom one. put your phone in fastboot usb mode in the bootloader. relock the bootloader with this cmd "fastboot oem lock" Double click the The RUU file you downloaded and follow the onscreen instructions

Shipped ROMs

TayGotThatLuck

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
You can run a RUU which will put the phone back to factory stock and start from scratch again if you choose to do so.
Go here and download the latest RUU , which looks to be the bottom one. put your phone in fastboot usb mode in the bootloader. relock the bootloader with this cmd "fastboot oem lock" Double click the The RUU file you downloaded and follow the onscreen instructions

Shipped ROMs

i've tried using RUU's and i continue to get a "BOOTLOADER ERROR" i'm assuming because i have the 2.09 HBOOT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz