What is the most stable non 4.1.1 based custom rom for 4G LTE?

PRW94

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I've got an Evo 4G LTE, bought it earlier this year. It's rooted, running MeanBean 3.03 and has been flashed to work on Page Plus' network (Verizon MVNO).

I love the phone, it's perfect for my needs, I don't care that it's not new with all the bells and whistles. Unfortunately, though, I have found out that, probably because MeanBean is based on Android 4.1.1, I'm susceptible to the HeartBleed bug that everyone's obsessing about right now.

I'm not panicking over it, being that I do absolutely no financial transactions with the device. I'm not afraid to, with proper precautions, keep using the phone. However, at some point I figure I'm going to need to use a different ROM.

I've visited XDA and places like that and honestly, it's all starting to run together in my head. I understand the concept of custom ROMs quite well. There's just so much out there to absorb that it's all turning into white noise and, as I said, running together.

Basically, my question is, what is the most stable non 4.1.1 based ROM for an Evo 4G LTE? By stable, I mean it's just going to "work." I'm not into tinkering and I'm not going to change ROMs every time a new one comes out. I want something that just "works" that is not going to present six zillion bugs (like the camera not working ... that is an absolute non-starter with me). And I'm looking for something that I can install easily and is not going to break my flash that makes the phone work on Page Plus. I don't care that it's the latest version of Android. I just want it to "work."

I've heard that CM 10.2 and Paranoid 3.99 are pretty rock stable. Is that accurate? And is there anything else anyone would suggest?