HTC Jet (HTC Once X) Coming to Sprint

dadavises

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Looks the HTC One X will be coming to Sprint on June 10th. Right now, its codenamed "HTC Jet". Sprint might changed the name to EVO HD, EVO LTE, EVO One X. Who knows. It will have a S4 Snapdragon chipset like the AT&T version. I'm guessing Sprint will announce it at CTIA in May.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
That source site has all of two posts.

Two posts.

Two more than none.

Just saying.

And how many times now have I been saying "Wait for CTIA ..."

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Wasn't there a post in the news section this morning right here on AC saying it was coming to Sprint???

No, but Phil has been saying all along to wait for CTIA for news about a Sprint HTC One X variant. He knows. We know. Sprint knows. HTC knows. Manning knows. The only in the dark still is Tebow...wait, that's a different topic. Sorry.

To recap: HTC One X variant coming to Sprint will be discussed at CTIA in a few weeks.

Reactions: JCool525

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
anybody mind if i pimp this site for sprint peeps?

HTC EVO successor to "Jet" onto the scene June 10th - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

no flames please!

lol. Scroll up.

Oh, look. Here's real stuff. :)

sprint_htc_invitev2.jpg

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait I'm getting it and selling my 3D. So will this not have a removable battery or an sd card slot like the One X AT&T version? I don't care about an sd card if the internal is high and btw none of the specs list 32 gigs but I had heard it was do we know? I just need to be able to swap out a battery and wished it had a kickstand. I hope the speaker is better in this model too.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I can't wait I'm getting it and selling my 3D. So will this not have a removable battery or an sd card slot like the One X AT&T version? I don't care about an sd card if the internal is high and btw none of the specs list 32 gigs but I had heard it was do we know? I just need to be able to swap out a battery and wished it had a kickstand. I hope the speaker is better in this model too.

I really don't see them completely redesigning the phone. Sorry.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Lets hope that they get it! I for one prolly will not be upgrading my 3D to it. I will most likely pass on this one. Still looks and sounds like a badass phone! :)

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Well since Sprint is giving me one more upgrade in June and I have to use it by the end of the year then I am stuck waiting 22 months so I may as well upgrade to a better spec phone cause I'll be stuck with it for a while. I love HTC and I like Sense so I guess I'll check it out. I won't rush out to get in on launch day like the EVO 4G I'll wait to hear what others say about it probably.

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I grabbed the Evo 3D a few days after launch (even though I was not yet due a full upgrade from my Evo4G and had to pay for most of the phone) and have not been nearly as disappointed as some people seem to be. Of course, I'm not stock, so I have no idea how the stock experience is fairing on the 3vo.

That said, I was reasonably impressed by the One X, but I'm really looking for something Tegra-based. I was disappointed to see that the One X models coming out in the US will not be using the Tegra3 SoC. Nvidia has done a fantastic job getting app developers on board with optimizing their games specifically for that chipset, and I *love* the Tegra2 in my tablet. ICS has only made the experience better, so I'm seriously looking forward to getting a Tegra3 device (or two - the Transformer Infinity makes me drool) in my hands.

As much as this phone appeals to me, the replacement of the Tegra3 means that I'm probably going to pass on this one. Going with the Snapdragon instead of the Tegra2 on the 3vo has really been the only thing that cause me and disappointment about the phone (I even like playing with the 3D camera), since there are great games I play on my tablet that I can't play on my phone. Not really a flaw with the 3vo, but it would be nice to be able to play those same games.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I have the Transformer Prime tablet with the Tegra 3 and ICS and I love it. But I am not a big gamer and I've read everywhere that the Snapdragon S4 is as fast or clocks faster then the Tegra 3. My main concern is not being able to swap out batteries. Not having an sd card slot isn't as big of a deal to me. But i wish it was 32 gigs and not 16. I am still wanting it but kind of on the fence about it. One more upgrade in June to be used by the end of the year then I am stuck for 22 months. Not sure what I'll do. I have lots of accessories for my phone now that I love 2 docks 2 nice cases one being a kickstand one and several batteries and a couple wall chargers. So I don't know what to do. I guess when it gets closer to June I'll decide.

I grabbed the Evo 3D a few days after launch (even though I was not yet due a full upgrade from my Evo4G and had to pay for most of the phone) and have not been nearly as disappointed as some people seem to be. Of course, I'm not stock, so I have no idea how the stock experience is fairing on the 3vo.

As much as this phone appeals to me, the replacement of the Tegra3 means that I'm probably going to pass on this one. Going with the Snapdragon instead of the Tegra2 on the 3vo has really been the only thing that cause me and disappointment about the phone (I even like playing with the 3D camera), since there are great games I play on my tablet that I can't play on my phone. Not really a flaw with the 3vo, but it would be nice to be able to play those same games.

P_M_G

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone explain the logic of a non-removeable battery? Knowing how virtually every htc forum references the abysmal battery life of the EVO and the not much better 3D...and understanding LTE is a battery hog....it would seem vital to have a swappable battery for those of us who use their phones as they were intended to be used?

My EVO used to chew battery without even turning on "4G"...is 1800ma really enough? Why not go ballz out with a 3300ma like the Razr Maxx?

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that concerns me is battery life, as others have said. I'm a very heavy phone user, and if I don't have a charger or spare battery with my EVO 3D now, my phone is dead after 6 or 7 hours (granted, it's 90% because I've got the screen on).

Other than possible battery issues, I'm excited about this one. I don't really care if it has an external sd slot, I'm in the process of moving my music to the cloud anyway so I don't need the storage space like I did - 16gb is plenty for me.

Looking forward to the announcement in 2 weeks.

Sent from my 3VO using Tapatalk

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I really wish manufacturers would put all of the super specs of a device such as the One X and apply it to a smaller package. These mega screens are ridiculous and not practical. Nice? Sure. Practical? Not really when you stop and think about it. 4.7"? Come on.

What happened to pocketability? The iPhone is 3.7" and they've sold what, a bazillion of them? I have a EVO 4G and like others my anniversary date is coming up for an upgrade. The EVO is a brick and I have a hard time imagining getting something that is even larger, albeit thinner. It is frustrating to see that only the mega-phones get all the goodies while the smaller ones are now "entry level" smart phones that are stripped of the bells and whistles.

I understand that some people don't mind holding a shingle-sized phone up to their face but it is getting a bit out of hand, IMO.

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I really wish manufacturers would put all of the super specs of a device such as the One X and apply it to a smaller package. These mega screens are ridiculous and not practical. Nice? Sure. Practical? Not really when you stop and think about it. 4.7"? Come on.

What happened to pocketability? The iPhone is 3.7" and they've sold what, a bazillion of them? I have a EVO 4G and like others my anniversary date is coming up for an upgrade. The EVO is a brick and I have a hard time imagining getting something that is even larger, albeit thinner.

I understand that some people don't mind holding a shingle-sized phone up to their face but it is getting a bit out of hand, IMO.

I kind of agree. I think I could manage 4.7" but I played with a Galaxy Note at 5.3" and it is ridiculously big. I'm sure it'd be fine if you don't use it as a phone (or use bluetooth exclusively) but I can't imagine holding it up to your face for extended periods of time.

Sent from my 3VO using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995