04-05-2012 08:45 AM
122 ... 2345
tools
    I thought the HTC/Sprint event was on April 4th, the article said May 4th...
    03-30-2012 07:16 PM
    I thought the HTC/Sprint event was on April 4th, the article said May 4th...
    I think it was a simple typo since CTIA is during the month of April and that's when Sprint will announce it.
    03-30-2012 07:35 PM
    Saw one in the wild, but I can't say from where...A name somewhere along HTC EVO One, but that it may not be final yet.This model was a prototype, but the person with it was told it was a final or near-final build. No micro-arc or whaterver it was called, but it was a solid built, non-removeable battery design. It had a matte finish on most of the back, gloss around the camera. Good, solid feel that we've come to love about HTC phones, without being too heavy and keeping it fairly slim.

Specs comfirmed by the lucky person to already have one:
    4.7" 720p SLCD2!!! (Looked gorgeous)
    Kraitt processor+LTE
    SD card slot (revealed with a small removable door toward the bottom)
    Return of the kickstand!

The rest was basically the same from the One X. 8mp camera, beats, image sense, all those goodies. They couldn't tell me about internal storage...hmmm....

Also, sweet accessory. An adaptor to plug into the TV which will connect wirelessly to your EVO whatever, which will stream whatever your watching on your EVO to the TV. Wirelessly! Mirror image or dual screen mode!

I found my next phone...
    Really bummed you didn't take a picture for us! Can't wait to see this thing...
    03-31-2012 02:04 PM
    Kick stand? Oh God, thank you for that. I am so relieved that Sprint is timing the release of this phone just as our EVO 4G's are having their 2nd birthday. I've been watching phone releases for the past year and nothing has given me hope like this phone!
    03-31-2012 09:40 PM
    Well for Sprint's sake I hope it's true cause they're losing customers left and right.
    04-01-2012 12:54 AM
    Kick stand? Oh God, thank you for that. I am so relieved that Sprint is timing the release of this phone just as our EVO 4G's are having their 2nd birthday. I've been watching phone releases for the past year and nothing has given me hope like this phone!
    Reality check time. It's a phone. Believe it or not, your life will likely be much the same with this new one. Funny how we get a little overly dramatic over a phone release. What did we all do not too many years ago without these things?

04-01-2012 02:09 PM
    I'm glad I my upgrade is in June. Definitely getting this
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    04-01-2012 08:48 PM
    Upgrade in April and it seems I'll be waiting till June :-)

***Disregard any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***
    04-01-2012 09:23 PM
    I want this phone, but there's something in my gut to go with the Galaxy Nexus (for some reason, I feel like I'm going to miss on out on some great ROMs, kernels, and tweaks from the developers). Also, did HTC mention anything about the One X's bootloader being currently unlocked?
    04-02-2012 03:05 AM
    The thing that's nice about having my upgrade a couple months after release date means I get it after they've released a stability update - so it's excellent out of the box without a couple new release bugs.

Heh.

Sent from my 3VO using Tapatalk
    04-02-2012 03:10 AM
    I think it was a simple typo since CTIA is during the month of April and that's when Sprint will announce it.
    CTIA was pushed to May this year.
    Officerpolabear likes this.
    04-02-2012 01:29 PM
    Review up on Engadget. Video has some pretty good comparisons to other Android phones.

I'm looking forward to this. I'm on Sprint and it looks like the LTE version will get the Snapdragon S4 processor, which seems to be faster and better on battery life.

I was planning on waiting to see what the next iPhone brings...but I don't think I'll care.
    04-02-2012 02:10 PM
    Phil's review is also really good.
    04-02-2012 02:31 PM
    ^yeah I saw that. I do really hate the protruding camera thing HTC likes to do. Case on day 1 for sure.

I wish they would put the speaker on the bottom, or even the front...the back is really a poor location for the speaker.
    04-02-2012 02:39 PM
    I want this phone, but there's something in my gut to go with the Galaxy Nexus (for some reason, I feel like I'm going to miss on out on some great ROMs, kernels, and tweaks from the developers). Also, did HTC mention anything about the One X's bootloader being currently unlocked?
    Totally understand this but I will say that the HTC phones, going all the way back to my HTC Mogul (YEAH! WinMo 6.5), have always had great dev support @ XDA and, back in the day, PPCGeeks.
    04-02-2012 04:28 PM
    I have to say this is the first time I'm getting excited about Sense, and I've been an Evo 4G user for 2 yeas now.

All the improvements they've made to ICS look really worthwhile.
    04-02-2012 05:41 PM
    All the improvements they've made to ICS look really worthwhile.
    I'm not a fan of the multitasking interface changes, but it seems to be just as functional.

I also read that in ICS the swype thing doesn't actually close the app, I don't know though.
    04-02-2012 06:03 PM
    I'm not a fan of the multitasking interface changes, but it seems to be just as functional.

I also read that in ICS the swype thing doesn't actually close the app, I don't know though.
    Sense 3.6 has the ICS task switcher, they removed it in 4. They had to add some visual flair to distinguish Sense, it does look a little out of place but at least is very fast and fluid from the videos I've seen.

Does it really close the app? That one is up for debate, I've never seen a conclusive answer. Google only says it removes it from the list.

I'm more concerned Sense 4.0 tries to be too faithful to ICS. They took out quick settings from the notifications dropdown which is very useful.
    04-02-2012 08:59 PM
    Totally understand this but I will say that the HTC phones, going all the way back to my HTC Mogul (YEAH! WinMo 6.5), have always had great dev support @ XDA and, back in the day, PPCGeeks.
    Yeah and I'm also liking the fact that HTC listened and made Sense 4 more subtle and in line with ICS.
    04-03-2012 03:07 AM
    I hope this isn't true - HTC EVO One revealed, Sprint announcement coming tomorrow? | The Verge

Metal body? AMOLED? Different shape?
    04-03-2012 03:41 AM
    The HTC One, now in 17 varieties. Lame.

The AMOLED thing pisses me off the most. Nothing matches the clarity and accuracy of IPS LCD.

Haven't manufacturers learned from Apple? One device, all networks. They can have multiple devices, just put them on all networks and make them the same.

Apple focuses on 1 phone; imagine if HTC, Motorola or Samsung focused on just less than 5... Better products, more development time, better quality, better QC.

Though, it may have a larger battery which is always good, and I like the dedicated camera button.. :thumbup:
    04-03-2012 04:29 AM
    Looks like the AMOLED bit is untrue. SLCD2 FTW.
    04-03-2012 12:47 PM
    Yeah. That one rumored spec never did sound right to me.
    04-03-2012 01:16 PM
    So it will have this SLCD2 that everyone is talking about that is so good?
    04-03-2012 01:24 PM
    Where did you see this? I hope it's true, but I'd love a link.
    04-03-2012 02:18 PM
122 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD