HTC Jet (HTC Once X) Coming to Sprint

Covert_Death

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I am very concerned about the screen. even it is a Super AMOLED HD (like the Galaxy Nexus) it will be disappointing after seeing the SLCD-2... that screen is GORGEOUS and it is without a doubt one of the major selling points for me, along with the Krait CPU for sprint. those two things alone are what sold it for me so if its missing the screen i may look elsewhere.

also the AMOLED HAS to be a typo, the x is better then the S and the S at least has SAMOLED, they aren't going to downgrade the flagship, thats for sure

krid

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking forward to upgrading my OG EVO this summer, but I was sad I'd have to give up the kickstand. Looks like that might not be the case. The rest of the specs look pretty damn good as well. I'm childishly excited about the black and red color scheme -- I've always thought the the EVO was a pretty sexy piece of tech. Now I'm really looking forward to the big reveal next week...

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I am very concerned about the screen. even it is a Super AMOLED HD (like the Galaxy Nexus) it will be disappointing after seeing the SLCD-2... that screen is GORGEOUS and it is without a doubt one of the major selling points for me, along with the Krait CPU for sprint. those two things alone are what sold it for me so if its missing the screen i may look elsewhere.

also the AMOLED HAS to be a typo, the x is better then the S and the S at least has SAMOLED, they aren't going to downgrade the flagship, thats for sure

I don't think the tipster meant that it would be an AMOLED screen specifically. I think the rep told him it would have AN amoled screen and didnt know or specify the specific subtype, and the rep passed on only what he heard.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
If it really meets the specs in that "spec"ulation list, I will upgrade from the Evo 3D. It would be my last Sprint Gold Premiere Customer upgrade. A truly worthy phone of the "Evo" name!

I miss having a kickstand. I would LOVE a larger screen. Not losing the SD slot is necessary (especially if only 16GB of internal storage). And having a larger battery without turning the phone into a heavy, thick, "brick" is very attractive; plus a necessity if the battery is not removable.

If true, this new Evo would address almost every complaint we have all expressed with the HTC One X and would be a wonderful upgrade from the Evo 3D. I find it too good to be true....

>"* 16GB internal memory"

All memory is always "internal". I think the Email sent to Phil meant 16GB of internal *storage*. It likely has 1GB of memory. I can't stand the marketing misuse of the word "memory"!!!

I.Gearz

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Sure would love it if the battery was removable, but the rest of the speculated specs sound worthy of the EVO brand, If it has 16gb of internal storage u wonder how much will be useable, additionally if the battery can't be removed how would one get out of a jam if they need to do a battery pull due to a bad flash or bootloop, root users and modders will know what I mean. Battery pulling is the only way to shut off the phone if its frozen and normal reboot or power off won't work. I'd almost take rem battery over the larger capacity(mah), the rest sounds great as well.

BeInGarvey

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Sure would love it if the battery was removable, but the rest of the speculated specs sound worthy of the EVO brand, If it has 16gb of internal storage u wonder how much will be useable, additionally if the battery can't be removed how would one get out of a jam if they need to do a battery pull due to a bad flash or bootloop, root users and modders will know what I mean. Battery pulling is the only way to shut off the phone if its frozen and normal reboot or power off won't work. I'd almost take rem battery over the larger capacity(mah), the rest sounds great as well.

BeInGarvey

They'll include a button combo to do a forced reboot, like the Xoom or Maxx. But root users could definitely find themselves in trouble if they're in recovery, HBOOT, or somewhere else where that sequence would have no effct, and something goes wrong. I too would prefer removable to more mAh

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
There giving me one last upgrade in June which is when I would've been due cause I just hit 10 years in Sept. I have till the end of the year to use it. Then I have to wait 22 months so this better be worth it. LOL!

Wow, this phone sounds awesome. I will be using my last annual upgrade as a Sprint Premeire member to get this. :(

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I love the colors too I am a Cardinal fan too. Can't wait till Saturday I hope they win. I am so glad there bringing back the kickstand. Or at least I hope it's true. Good and Evo posted the same specs today. But said it's rumored I think so I guess will just have to wait and see.

I even like the colors, red and black, just like the University of Louisville Cardinals... :D Go Cards!

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
For the love of all that's good and holy, why does HTC not like software buttons? Google has stated repeatedly its the direction Android is going. Physical/capacitive buttons make no Sense, HTC !

Reactions: crzycrkr

sprinter#AC

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Saw one in the wild, but I can't say from where...A name somewhere along HTC EVO One, but that it may not be final yet.This model was a prototype, but the person with it was told it was a final or near-final build. No micro-arc or whaterver it was called, but it was a solid built, non-removeable battery design. It had a matte finish on most of the back, gloss around the camera. Good, solid feel that we've come to love about HTC phones, without being too heavy and keeping it fairly slim.

Specs comfirmed by the lucky person to already have one:
4.7" 720p SLCD2!!! (Looked gorgeous)
Kraitt processor+LTE
SD card slot (revealed with a small removable door toward the bottom)
Return of the kickstand!

The rest was basically the same from the One X. 8mp camera, beats, image sense, all those goodies. They couldn't tell me about internal storage...hmmm....

Also, sweet accessory. An adaptor to plug into the TV which will connect wirelessly to your EVO whatever, which will stream whatever your watching on your EVO to the TV. Wirelessly! Mirror image or dual screen mode!

I found my next phone... :)

Reactions: BigDinCA

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
So it will have this SLCD2 screen that everyone says is so good? I also read it will have this Amolded and I've had both EVO 4G and 3D so that is what I am used to. But I read off forums that SLCD2 is the best. But that there is different types of Amoled also. I am glad there bringing back the kickstand. Last year EVO's were so easy to sell and Sprint even gave you back 150 on buy back. This year the 3D as of now you only get 99 bucks. I hope I can sell mine with all my accessories to at least pay for the phone and maybe get a little more to buy a case and a dock. I have a car dock which I love and a dock next to my bed a couple cases several batteries and a couple wall chargers all to sell. LOL! I forgot I signed up a while back for some BB thing where if I get my phone from them I get an extra 50 off whatever the final price is. I never bought a phone from BB before. Once from Radio Shack and always Sprint store.

Saw one in the wild, but I can't say from where...A name somewhere along HTC EVO One, but that it may not be final yet.This model was a prototype, but the person with it was told it was a final or near-final build. No micro-arc or whaterver it was called, but it was a solid built, non-removeable battery design. It had a matte finish on most of the back, gloss around the camera. Good, solid feel that we've come to love about HTC phones, without being too heavy and keeping it fairly slim.

Kraitt processor+LTE
Return of the kickstand!

The rest was basically the same from the One X. 8mp camera, beats, image sense, all those goodies. They couldn't tell me about internal storage...hmmm....

Also, sweet accessory. An adaptor to plug into the TV which will connect wirelessly to your EVO whatever, which will stream whatever your watching on your EVO to the TV. Wirelessly! Mirror image or dual screen mode!

smc333

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

Kraitt processor+LTE
Return of the kickstand!

Really bummed you didn't take a picture for us! Can't wait to see this thing...

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Kick stand? Oh God, thank you for that. I am so relieved that Sprint is timing the release of this phone just as our EVO 4G's are having their 2nd birthday. I've been watching phone releases for the past year and nothing has given me hope like this phone!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae