Sprints Evo One design versus HTC One X design

nuprotocol

May 16, 2010
Visit site
What are all of your thoughts about the design change for Sprints version? So far nothing is concrete, but the OG One X looks so much better IMHO. I guess it shouldnt matter if the specs are great, but I was really sold on the OG design. I guess we'll find out tomorrow for sure. Wondered what others thought.

Reactions: crzycrkr

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I guess it depends on what it actually looks like when we see it tomorrow. I don't really believe the photo that's made the rounds today. I don't see the Sprint branding on the face, which has been there from the beginning of the EVO line. But the return of the kickstand: fantastic!

nuprotocol

May 16, 2010
Visit site
True. Im sure the sprint logo would have to be on the front somewhere. In those pics going around, none had the logo. Crossing fingers for the og one x design. lol

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
True. Im sure the sprint logo would have to be on the front somewhere. In those pics going around, none had the logo. Crossing fingers for the og one x design. lol

I am too. I really like the sleek look of the back and especially the way the screen looks like it drapes the sides of the phone. I'm also curious to see how they incorporate the EVO red into it. The rumors of a dedicated shutter button sound nice as well.

JGuez

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Based on that, I do hope they kept the look of the original one.

However, I WOULD sacrifice battery life for the look of the device.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
For God's sake why does Sprint always have to change a beautiful design???? Its time for something different than a freakin BRICK!!!! The orginal model is sleek and beautiful..I hope T-mobile gets the One series because im ditching Sprint..Can't understand why they always mess up a beautiful design!!!

Reactions: nuprotocol

fhnguyen

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I've never been so anxious for a phone release.

1) Need to figure out if the design is going to be an EVO 3D brick or the sexy original One X deisgn, and
2) Praying it's SLCD2.. (only Phandroid has a tipster that confirms SLCD2, everyone else says AMOLED).

Counting down...

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm leaving my opinions for after the reveal later today. My hopes are that the EVO One basically retains everything in the One X - just different carriers and a name change to reflect that one's on AT&T and the other on Sprint. Hope that AMOLED rumor is just that and the EVO One gets the One X's SLCD and hope these pictures floating around are bogus because that's an ugly a design. We'll just have to wait and see.

Reactions: nuprotocol

nuprotocol

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I've never been so anxious for a phone release.

1) Need to figure out if the design is going to be an EVO 3D brick or the sexy original One X deisgn, and
2) Praying it's SLCD2.. (only Phandroid has a tipster that confirms SLCD2, everyone else says AMOLED).

Counting down...

Yep...! Thats my issue too. These mockups make Sprints ONE X look justtttttttttttttttttt like my EVO 3d, except with upgraded internals. If true, I will wait for the SGIII or Gnex.

Reactions: crzycrkr

blacksapphire08

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Yep...! Thats my issue too. These mockups make Sprints ONE X look justtttttttttttttttttt like my EVO 3d, except with upgraded internals. If true, I will wait for the SGIII or Gnex.

Yeah and many other HTC phones as well like the HTC Amaze and Rezound. Nothing special about the Sprint version of this phone. :'(

nuprotocol

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I've got the One X (and the One S and the GNex) with me for some comparisons tonight. Stay tuned.

Awesome Phil..! I can't wait to see those photos of the stark difference if these Sprint EVO one photos are true. From what you've seen, what are your thoughts behind the possible design of Sprints version? I hate it so much... lol I'm a huge HTC fan, but I believe I'll be going to the Gnex if those photos are true. All of my at&t droid fans are picking up the One X. I couldn't imagine them asking me what phone do I have. I say its a One X by Sprint. They'll say Noooooo this is the One X, and show me at&t version. lol

P_M_G

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Really??? from a "leaked" press photo all this crying and whining about how how clunky this phone looks?

I'm looking at the biggest difference being it's black instead of white, the front faceplate doesn't have the rounded internal corners at the top and bottom...and the lastest photo showing the red kickstand.

And?? That makes it clunkier? a brick? You're going to buy the Gnex instead cuz it's so different exactly how...ooh it's curved....Don't like the Evo version before you've actually seen it? Go to ATT.

Kudos to Sprint for bringing back the iconic kickstand if it's true. I hate not having it on my 3D. if you're worried about what your friends will think about your phone, you got bigger issues.

Besides, by the time LTE is acutally lit up in most places, they'll likely have a white version available like with the OG Evo and all you phone racists can be happy!

Reactions: ab304945 and zhecht

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie