Sprints Evo One design versus HTC One X design

nuprotocol

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Really??? from a "leaked" press photo all this crying and whining about how how clunky this phone looks?

I'm looking at the biggest difference being it's black instead of white, the front faceplate doesn't have the rounded internal corners at the top and bottom...and the lastest photo showing the red kickstand.

And?? That makes it clunkier? a brick? You're going to buy the Gnex instead cuz it's so different exactly how...ooh it's curved....Don't like the Evo version before you've actually seen it? Go to ATT.

Kudos to Sprint for bringing back the iconic kickstand if it's true. I hate not having it on my 3D. if you're worried about what your friends will think about your phone, you got bigger issues.

Besides, by the time LTE is acutally lit up in most places, they'll likely have a white version available like with the OG Evo and all you phone racists can be happy!

Your crying/whining/ranting about people that are crying/whining. If you hate not having a kickstand on your 3D, then get a case with one, pretty simple. If your worried about what others think in a thread comparing designs, then you have HUGE issues. lolllllll

JGuez

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Your crying/whining/ranting about people that are crying/whining. If you hate not having a kickstand on your 3D, then get a case with one, pretty simple. If your worried about what others think in a thread comparing designs, then you have HUGE issues. lolllllll

He's not crying or whining....ranting, yes. He's not concerned what people think. In fact, he's saying go get another phone if you're going to .

I don't recall Sprint and HTC putting a gun to your head telling you to buy this.

The simple fact is, if you end up not liking this phone, you can speak with your money and buy something else.

nuprotocol

May 16, 2010
Visit site
He's not crying or whining....ranting, yes. He's not concerned what people think. In fact, he's saying go get another phone if you're going to .

I don't recall Sprint and HTC putting a gun to your head telling you to buy this.

The simple fact is, if you end up not liking this phone, you can speak with your money and buy something else.

Yep! This is all just speculation of course, but thats exactly what I and others plan to do. We'll tonight though...!!!

Tommo153

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
So far, I am okay with the design, except for one thing: that stupid two texture back. I really hope the final design isn't like that.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

Not true! One of the Sprint Cup girls just came to my door and distracted me while a guy from Taiwan and a suit from Kansas came around from behind and beat my ass. I was told to get this damn phone if I ever wanted to see my kids again and then, as they left, Miss Sprint Cup kicked me in the groin and laughed.

Now I love my kids and all, but DAMN! Those leaked photos are not great.

True story.

P_M_G

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site

Just questioning how you can compare designs with only one known variable

haters gotta hate

btw - just because I hate not having the kickstand on my 3D after getting used to it on my OG Evo doesn't mean I'd scrap the phone for it. the upgraded specs are well worth the trade off, as, IMO, are the the (alleged) spec differences between the Sprint version (SD slot and bigger battery) and the others.

Guess that's what I get for delving into an opinion thread instead of just using the forums for real information.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
....... Guess that's what I get for delving into an opinion thread instead of just using the forums for real information.

Silly forum-poster: of course you're gonna get that reaction! LOL These forums are great for information. Just not before the device is released. It goes in phases:
Phase1: We all talk about what we want in our new device next year (last November)
Phase2: We get some info and speculation (CES and MWC from HTC)
Phase3: We get a Sprint invite showing us when they'll announce the device (thanks Phil)
Phase4: We see leaks of the device and ponder (yesterday)
Phase5: We cry about it (currently)
Phase6: We get the real scoop (this afternoon)
Phase7: We piss and moan until release (now through June)
Phase8: We all get the device anyway and love it (June10)
Phase9: We piss and moan about the problems with it (June 12)
Phase10: We fall in love with it all over again after Sprint pushes a maintenance update two weeks after release. During Phase9 and Phase10 we all discuss and help each other.
Phase1 begins again in November with everyone speculating why we don't have JellyBean on our devices yet.

Phase5 got you today, that's all.

onthezone

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Silly forum-poster: of course you're gonna get that reaction! LOL These forums are great for information. Just not before the device is released. It goes in phases:
Phase1: We all talk about what we want in our new device next year (last November)
Phase3: We get a Sprint invite showing us when they'll announce the device (thanks Phil)
Phase10: We fall in love with it all over again after Sprint pushes a maintenance update two weeks after release. During Phase9 and Phase10 we all discuss and help each other.
Phase1 begins again in November with everyone speculating why we don't have JellyBean on our devices yet.

We need a sticky on this mods?! This is good newbie answers for when to avoid the forums. lol

JGuez

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Now I love my kids and all, but DAMN! Those leaked photos are not great.

True story.

I'm with you. I think the back of the phone is ugly. But again, there's so many options with Android, it's ridiculous to complain about 1, especially one that isn't even officially announced.

Who knows, maybe it was a test device.

Or who knows, maybe it will look that ugly. We'll find out soon enough.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Hahaha! This is as accurate as it is funny. Well done!

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Really??? from a "leaked" press photo all this crying and whining about how how clunky this phone looks?

I'm looking at the biggest difference being it's black instead of white, the front faceplate doesn't have the rounded internal corners at the top and bottom...and the lastest photo showing the red kickstand.

And?? That makes it clunkier? a brick? You're going to buy the Gnex instead cuz it's so different exactly how...ooh it's curved....Don't like the Evo version before you've actually seen it? Go to ATT.

Kudos to Sprint for bringing back the iconic kickstand if it's true. I hate not having it on my 3D. if you're worried about what your friends will think about your phone, you got bigger issues.

Besides, by the time LTE is acutally lit up in most places, they'll likely have a white version available like with the OG Evo and all you phone racists can be happy!

Think you may have missed some photos

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
What are all of your thoughts about the design change for Sprints version? So far nothing is concrete, but the OG One X looks so much better IMHO. I guess it shouldnt matter if the specs are great, but I was really sold on the OG design. I guess we'll find out tomorrow for sure. Wondered what others thought.

htc-one-x-photos.jpg
evo3-6.jpg

Pictures are worth 1000 words.

What happen Sprint? Making the HTC Evo One should have been easy. Take a black HTC One X then it's camera, htc logo, docking pins,capacities buttons and turn them red. Plus add a evo logo and matching red beats audio headphones. (Kickstand IMO is great but the polycarbonate body is better...much better)

The Evo One looks like it's using the rubberized soft touch plastic they used before.The gloss sort of transparent black top of Evo One looks to be some new design material they are using.(New but nothing ground braking like the ploycarbonate or anodized aluminum body's from the One X and S) Those it seems strange for HTC and Sprint to use old design materials since HTC is going for unique and higher quality design them this year. Although can be using the older design materials to bring down the cost of device.

On a separate note Evo One could be easily be a using different and larger anodize aluminum uni body frame like the HTC One S. Regardless of design of the Evo One is the sturdiness and quality that well all know from HTC to deliever will be there. Though the HTC Evo One is not at all elegant in its design compare to the HTC One X.

Reactions: crzycrkr

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Click to view quoted image
Click to view quoted image

Pictures are worth 1000 words.

What happen Sprint? Making the HTC Evo One should have been easy. Take a black HTC One X then it's camera, htc logo, docking pins,capacities buttons and turn them red. Plus add a evo logo and matching red beats audio headphones. (Kickstand IMO is great but the polycarbonate body is better...much better)

The Evo One looks like it's using the rubberized soft touch plastic they used before.The gloss sort of transparent black top of Evo One looks to be some new design material they are using.(New but nothing ground braking like the ploycarbonate or anodized aluminum body's from the One X and S) Those it seems strange for HTC and Sprint to use old design materials since HTC is going for unique and higher quality design them this year. Although can be using the older design materials to bring down the cost of device.

On a separate note Evo One could be easily be a using different and larger anodize aluminum uni body frame like the HTC One S. Regardless of design of the Evo One is the sturdiness and quality that well all know from HTC to deliever will be there. Though the HTC Evo One is not at all elegant in its design compare to the HTC One X.

Although, there was a definite lack of HTC quality in the last two EVO'sEVO's

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Although, there was a definite lack of HTC quality in the last two EVO'sEVO's

I don't know if I agree with that. I thought the EVO build has always been top-notch. I've got them both and really do appreciate the build quality. Always have with HTC, actually.

Except for the horrible speakers. Very rarely has the speaker not been a steamy pile of crap.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if I agree with that. I thought the EVO build has always been top-notch. I've got them both and really do appreciate the build quality. Always have with HTC, actually.

Except for the horrible speakers. Very rarely has the speaker not been a steamy pile of crap.

The original had a ton of issues initially. Most notably screen separation problems, light bleed and the glossy trim around the screen cracking on its own. There were some others too, but i do t remember what. The 3d had a few, bit I passed on that phone so I don't recall them. I do remember reading about quite a few issues in the forums though.

I know all manufacturers have issues sometimes. Just pointing out that the fabled HTC build quality seems to he built on the backs of the types of phones Sprint doesn't see, like the unibodies. After my EVO, which had the screen separation and major cracking around the volume buttons and headphone jackjack, I moved to a NS4G. I have found Samsung phones to be more solid that HTC offerings. No creaking like my EVO had.

P_M_G

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site

forgot a few:

8a: we cry about the locked bootloader and all the sprint bloatware (June10)
8b: We and cry because we don't have source code for devs to give us custom ROMS (June11)
11: we rejoice to an unlocked bootloader script and ROMS pouring in (June15 2013) while restarting at Phase1 crying about how JB is soooo much smoother and cooler than ICS and why can't we get sprint to give us the update and Damn you HTC!!

Last edited:
Reactions: BigDinCA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles