Looks like Sprint has messed up another sleek design again

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Can't understand why Sprint continues to change the design of a beautiful piece of equipment.. Tired of bricks and plastic slabs..No difference in phones and horrible network speeds its time to go to Tmobile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: axne1 and crzycrkr

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Looks like Sprint has F*%&*$ up another sleek design again

You say they continue to do it, but I don't know of the ton of other phones they have changed so drastically. Also, how silly are people bashing this design going to feel when they see it and realize that the changes are minor. I haven't seen it either so I'm just supposing, but I won't be surprised to see that the physical changes are less than anticipated today. I certainly don't care for the mock-ups we've seen this morning and I'm hoping for something different tomorrow. I just don't trust the picture of the Sprint phone because there is no branding on it at all and that isn't the Sprint way.

Reactions: RUSH

JManekia

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site

I am ok with the changes, if it means a phone that is, overall, a better experience than the one that looks fancy. If sprint has bigger, removable battery, kickstand and other goodies that the One X lacks, I am all for it. Everyone will be hiding their pretty phones inside a case anyway, so I don't see the fuss.

nuprotocol

May 16, 2010
Visit site

I dont use a case and dont have any issues with drops or scartches. Ill take at&t's version over this one anyday. Ill wait for the release of the white one, maybe theyll go back to the OG design. lol

Reactions: crzycrkr

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I loved the kickstand on the OG Evo, and am glad they brought it back. The rest doesn't bother me that much if they added a bigger battery to it.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Oh, like Sprint designs phones....

I'll respond here the same way I did in the other post...

HTC Hero is another phone they did this to. Took a great design and turned it into a generic POS. I was really hoping HTC was putting their foot down on redesigns like this when they said they were shrinking their product line. If they keep this up they'll be no different than they were. Still waiting for a pure, uninfluenced HTC on Sprint. Until that happens, looks like I'm still sticking with Samsung

Reactions: truthteller10

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You people are something else -- without even having any concrete evidence that the leaked pic is in fact one of Sprint's devices.

I guess most people forget what the word "exclusive" means - "shutting out all others from a part or share." The The exclusivity of the HTC One X, as we all..or most have heard - belongs to At&t. So, this prevents Sprint from getting the exact phone. I'm waiting on Sprint's announcement later on today, to hear what they have to offer us. Hopefully, it will be something that will put a smile on our face.

Other carriers have had their version of several devices that belongs to another carrier - and some of them seems to work-out-well.

Reactions: NYCHitman1

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
You people are something else -- without even having any concrete evidence that the leaked pic is in fact one of Sprint's devices.

I guess most people forget what the word "exclusive" means - "shutting out all others from a part or share." The The exclusivity of the HTC One X, as we all..or most have heard - belongs to At&t. So, this prevents Sprint from getting the exact phone. I'm waiting on Sprint's announcement later on today, to hear what they have to offer us. Hopefully, it will be something that will put a smile on our face.

Other carriers have had their version of several devices that belongs to another carrier - and some of them seems to work-out-well.

Quite a few pics came out this morning. Plenty of the ugly ass back with Sprint branding. Just an fyi.

Reactions: truthteller10

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Quite a few pics came out this morning. Plenty of the ugly ass back with Sprint branding. Just an fyi.

I really am hoping this is just a prototype and they will make some changes before release. They did with the EVO, although they were pretty minor. I like the top curvature of the glass and the side curvature of the frame of the original One X design. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad if we hadn't seen the original first. And as much as I like the kickstand, this one looks like a plastic cheese spreader in the crackers my kids take to school.

mmm, crackers... now I'm hungry.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I really am hoping this is just a prototype and they will make some changes before release. They did with the EVO, although they were pretty minor. I like the top curvature of the glass and the side curvature of the frame of the original One X design. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad if we hadn't seen the original first. And as much as I like the kickstand, this one looks like a plastic cheese spreader in the crackers my kids take to school.

mmm, crackers... now I'm hungry.

I hope to god you're right, bit somehow I doubt it. I've been looking toward to getting one of HTC's unibody, or other sleek, well designed phone for years now. I'm now resigned to the fact that Sprint likes big, ugly, square, plastic bricks. I've stuck by them for 15 years, but I'm really starting to shake my head and wonder. Who leads their design crew, a 60 year old man? I'm waiting for them to bring back external antennas at this rate.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok..now that the official Pics are in..the greatest change they made to the phone was the slightly pertruding glass that made it look fresh and new like the Nokia 900 and with the rounded edges. Then they put the metal thingy around it to make it mimic the damn Iphone!!!! And to answer others, Sprint changed the Hero, GS2, EVO, and the Evo 3d.. Made them all like black slabs!!!! We want something Fresh and New like HTC intended the phone to be!!!!

I was going to sell this ty GS2 and pay the difference off contract for the new EVO but Ill just sale ,payoff the contract and move to Tmobile!

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I'll respond here the same way I did in the other post...

HTC Hero is another phone they did this to. Took a great design and turned it into a generic POS. I was really hoping HTC was putting their foot down on redesigns like this when they said they were shrinking their product line. If they keep this up they'll be no different than they were. Still waiting for a pure, uninfluenced HTC on Sprint. Until that happens, looks like I'm still sticking with Samsung

Sprint didn't design it, HTC did.

Reactions: madeincanon

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer